Anyone else experiencing this pain????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Noahvale, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I have been awake all night! I hurt so bad that I can't even flex my feet or I will get a charlie-horse in my calf of my legs. Has anyone one else experienced this. My arms are the same way. Whenever I flex my wrist I go into the same thing..shooting pains. Iam not sure what to do anymore. Pain medicine seems to keep me awake, and I feel so exhausted anymore I just don't know what to do.

I have had really terrible panic attacks latley as well. I take Xanax for them, however it is only if one starts to occur.

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!! any suggestions??

Hugs..and God Bless!

Noahvale--Kathy
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Kathy,

Wow, that sounds terrible. The only thing that comes to my mind is lack of potassium.

I would call your doctor as soon as you can. But, eat a few bananas in the mean time. (Not meant to sound simple)

Maybe others will have better advice.

Take care hon!

E
  3. aap

aap New Member

Kathy, I certainly understand your frustraton and situation with the pain, especially in your legs. Mine is mostly in my calves and thighs. I too feel like I spend most of my time trying to manage pain.
    I will share this with you and I don't know if anyone else has experienced any relief with MAGNETS. I have recently been sleeping on a mattress pad that has magnets(this was recommended to me by someone with FM)and I will tell you I have just had the best(not totally pain free but very livable) week I've had in a long time. If you're like me you will try almost anything. Today this is working, who knows if I will have another serious flare up tomorrow. I too, when needed, use a massager, sit in the hot tub or hot water, use pain strips,pain meds(which I hate to take, don't like how they make me feel). I also think taking two 81mg asprins help to thin the blood to keep it flowing so we don't get those knots that for me cause my muscles to ache so badly. Sorry you are in such pain and not resting.
    I would love to know if anyone has tried the magnets and results.
    Kathy, hope some of this helps. Ali(aap)
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I want to thank Cockatoomom, Haley, and Ali for helping me out with the pain I am having...You guys rock!

Cockatoomom- I have been tested for the potassium def. I am fine now but in the past I have tested low and have been hospitalized. I get angry with my doctor because last year when I couldn't feel my legs from my Spine problem DDD.. Well once they had that under control they told me that now that I have had the ESI's and had the feeling back in my legs that the pain has always been there and I am just feeling it for the first time and will have to deal with it. I do eat bananas and oranges everyday..raw potatoes are a favorite of mine as well. Its funny because the last time I seen my doctor and suggested the blood test she just rolled her eyes..Thats why it took me so long to be dx'd with FM because they didn't listen to me. I am happy I have a new doctor that will listen this time. Thank you for all your help!

Haley - I will look for the book. I love to read and it seems when I go through a episode like this one, I can kill a good,thick book in one night. I will have to talk to my doctor about the Night sweats, he knows I having them I just don't think he knows there getting worse. Thank you!

Ali- I have tried the magnets and they only help for a short time. I wore them around my wrists. I am on limited income right now (I lost my job last week), so pray that UI will come through for me. Thank you again!

Ann & Carebelle- Sound like I need to relax ....I will give the hot showers a try when I am feeling like this..I did this morning and it did help some. Thank you!

I do appreciate any other suggestions that anyone has about the pains I have been having. Another thing I thought was odd is that it was about 55 degrees here last night..Very nice .. we had the fan on in our room and it was cool. I had the sweats really bad, it was another reason I couldn't sleep. Anyone take anything for the sweats?

God Bless you all!!

Noahvale-- Kathy

[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2006]
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I went through this Dec thru March and could hardly move. It is gone now just usual aches and soreness. What helped me a little was hot bath with epsom salts. But I would also ask for a doppler scan on your legs to check out your blood flow. So sorry you are going through this, get better soon.

Love Anne
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I go threw days sometimes weeks that I can not stretch or I get charlie horses like you said.Its very painful.

Hot baths to relax those muscles and warm herbal tea (no caffeine ) before bed Sounds like you need to relax anyway you can. dark quite rooms even if you need to do this during the day til your body respond to relaxing.
    Music helped me but meditation helps even more

may also be time to get a new medication tell your doctor you are having these problems
  7. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Hi, I wake up with leg cramps. I hate it. I have found two things that work immediately. The first is a homeopathic remedy called MAgnesium Phosphoris. (see below) next is pinching the presure points in my lib fulcrum together at the bottom, just before my top lip begins. Its hard to describe, so try the phos. Put it under your tounge. Don't let the pellet touch any other part of you body or even touch it yourself. Puor 3 in to the lid, if you pour 4 dont touch it, just take it. Take care, hope it works for you.

#1 Magnesium Phos is the best remedy for muscle spasms-back, leg, abdomen or calf. Use in the evening for a peaceful night sleep without charley horses. Relax tight back muscles. Supports intestinal health and beneficial for abdominal spasms and intestinal problems such as colitis or constipation. Magnesium Phos calms agitated nerves for pain relief of headache, writer’s cramp, sciatica, neuralgia. Use before and after dental work to calm tooth pain. Spasmodic is a key symptom and Magnesium Phos calms spasmodic coughs, hiccups, menstrual cramps.

Magnesium Phos is from magnesium, an important mineral that is involved in over 300 enzyme reactions in the body. Homeopathic Magnesium Phos goes quickly into the system for prompt relief. Studies have shown that most adults are deficient in the mineral magnesium. Refined foods, pollution, non-absorption and insufficient ability of the body to utilize magnesium in the body are some of the causes.
  8. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I understand completely. I suffered with leg cramps and restless legs. My doctor recommended taking magnesium, calcium and B-complex prior to bedtime. It works great! The other treatments I have received that really helped me was an IV with high dose magnesium, Vit. C and B-Complex.
    For extreme pain I receive novacaine injections. I also do Micro current. It all works great with anyone with FM/CFS.
  9. melianef

melianef New Member

Hi Ali,

I have been suffering from fibromyalgia for about 15 years. I have just been diagnosed this week by a rhumatologist who said I had chronic pain syndrome. Recently a friend of mine, who works for Nikken, lent me amagnetic mattress pad. I have been using it for 3 weeks. I have noticed some improvement in pain which is more bearable. I also take less pain killers and get a better sleep. The only thing this single mattress pad is very expensive (if I decided to buy it..) and is sold for 500 GBP which I can't really afford. I was wondering if the one you are using is cheaper... and which make it is...? I hope that this magnetic mattress will also give you some relief. Kind regards, Fabienne
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Kathy I'm so sorry your in so much pain. Maybe your body needs more water? That may be the main problem. I've found that a fan helps with the sweating-than I get to cold and grab a big blanket and leave the fan on cause in a couple of minutes I'll be hot again! It's sometimes hard to get that right body temp a lot of work, blanket on blanket off fan on high than shower than I'm cold ect.
    Take care hope this pain stops very soon:)
    Dee50