ANYONE ELSE FALL FREQUENTLY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamagood, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mamagood

mamagood New Member

Yesterday, I was rushed by ambulance to the emergency room cause I fell down 3 steps and my head hit a wall and I felt something snap in my neck. I injured my right wrist as well.

I fall so frequently, my balance isn't good. I was so embarassed, but I guess if they hadn't put a collar on me or immobilized me I might not be walking today and feeling like I hit a brick wall instead of a sheetrocked one....lol

I have fibromyalgia and have had it for over 15 years. Just when I think I've conquered dealing with a part of this illness I do something else.

I was worried, I'm scheduled for an oopharectomy and bladder surgery next week and didn't want them postponed since 2 doctors had to coordinate their schedules.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Moe
  2. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I fall more and more but the worst I ever fell was when I was looking up burning moss off a tree and I backed up and tripped over the electric fence ( was designed to keep wild small animals at bay away from our dog.) It was knee high and I tripped and fell on it. Needless to say the more I tried to get up the more it shocked me. My family thought I was laughing but actually I was crying. They finally realized it and helped me up. They felt so bad I was pampered all day. It took awhile to get over it..But I really feel for you I hope you are alright..is your neck ok you mentioned snap in your neck?...

take care
  3. mamagood

mamagood New Member

BLUESKI31717

Thanks for asking. Yes my neck is fine, but very sore and stiff. my head hurts worse today. I can feel my sinuses acting up.

Yesterday while my boss & I were awaiting the EMT's I said I could identify with a commercial shown on TV for the lottery that the longer you live the more money you get paid and the guy in it is wearing a suit of armor. My boss said no you need like an airbag suit I wonder if I should invent them and become rich and then I won't have to work and humiliate myself so often.

I've fallen 2x this year at the office.

Our workers Comp rates are thru the roof in part thanks to me. I need to discuss with him if the company will be paying the bills for yesterday directly or if he wants me to report it as Workers Comp.

Thanks for your concern.

Moe
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I've had sooo many falls since I developed CFS. I've had FM for 25 years, but it wasn't until the symptomes of CFS started cropping up that I started to have falls.

I hope this isn't what's happening to you.

Take Care

Barb