Anyone else feel like a walking pharmacy sometimes???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keeponsmiling, Aug 26, 2003.

1. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Just filled up my little pill boxes for the week... it took me 20 minutes! LOL

Anyone else feel like their whole life centers around those little med vials and bottles of supplements? :p

Cheryll
  2. babynurse

babynurse New Member

I know what you mean. I hate going to a new doctor and they ask "What medications do you take?" I feel like saying "get another piece of paper and sharpen your pencil"
    But it doesn't matter how much medication we take. If it works, keep taking it!!
    Take care, Vanessa
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
  3. GlitterPott

GlitterPott New Member

Hello!
    I know exactly how that feels!

My mum used to say that if she shook me I would rattle!

Sometimes I think I do!

Keep smiling, love Shelley xxxxxxx

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I laughed when I read your post. I have amazed my family with how many pills/supplements, that I can swallow at one time! I have two medication holders, one for 'regular' meds and a huge one for supplements. I also groan when a doctor my requests my 'inventory' list of my meds!

Hugs,

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
  5. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

...most interesting information on digestive enzymes, I now have MORE pills to add to my daily regimen! LOL

And I'm thinking seriously about adding CoQ10...

**makes mental note to go buy bigger pill boxes** :p

Cheryll
  6. todayisagift

todayisagift New Member

its ridiculous with herbs plus pills people think I'm crazy but there isnt much I can do right now, it makes me annoyed sometimes though
    -Megan
  7. michaele

michaele New Member

I know EXACTLY how you feel also!!!!!!!! Like "Papertowel", I keep an updated list on my computer. So, when I am referred out (I have MULTIPLE problems), I can print out a copy. Also----I do need to carry one with me, which Papertowel gave me that idea. It's gotten to the point of having to name them all is a sure way for my "fibrofog" to set in immediately! We sure do keep those pharmaceutical companies in business!
    Michaele
  8. HeyJude71963

HeyJude71963 New Member

for me. And whenever someone nosy and judgemental asks me what all those pills are for, I just tell them they keep me calm enough not to commit violent acts. Makes them back off every time. LOL

Jude
  9. jacqui_k

jacqui_k New Member

Just today I asked my hubby to pick me up "one those pill box thingys , that the old biddies use", glad to read that I'm not the only "old biddie" on the board......lol

Jacqui

P.S. I'm 37 !![This Message was Edited on 09/04/2003]
  10. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

IT'S A STANDING JOKE IN MY FAMILY THAT I WENT FROM BEING A PHARMACY TECH TO HAVING ENOUGH RX'S TO OPEN MYOWN PAHARMACY.IT DOES MAKE YOU A BIT UNEASY WHEN YOU HAVE TO LIST THEM.I JUST DON'T LIKE THE WAY THAT THE DOCS LOOK AT ME.

LOVABUGA
  11. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

I filled mine today too. Can't believe I'm 36 years old and need a 28-hole week-long pill organizer. :(
  12. patsull

patsull New Member

Sure, I do feel like a walking pharmacy. My doctor is always switching my meds trying to control my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. Talk about guinea pigs!! However, keep in mind that even though meds have side effects, they often keep you alive. My goal is to get off most of the meds and continue a normal (or as normal as I can get)life. If I can't, then I will rely on the meds to keep me going. Think of the alternative.
  13. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I have had to buy bigger med organizers. I had to laugh too at the mention of filling those organizers. Not an easy task for someone with brain fog. Some days, I get so confused, I have to dump them all out and start from the begining. I used to refill all the boxes (at once) with meds/supplements that I take more than once a day.......but that proved to be too confusing for my brain, so I have resorted to tackling just one med container at a time.

Yes, sometimes, it feels like a fulltime job setting up the boxes, opening and closing all the bottles, thinking about what comes next, and taking everything on time throughout the day. I have to say that sometimes, my brain fog even gets in the way of taking them when I'm supposed to. We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate the 17 yo's birthday. I emptied the "w/ dinner" supply into my pocket. I was back home for one hour before I realized that I never took them. It seems that I am off schedule more than I am on!

We must all continue to have pataience with ourselves. ***By the way, I enjoyed the sense of humor that everyone seems to have about this ritual!!