Anyone else feel like this? Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aussiegirl, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl New Member

Today I feel so depressed...Im starting to wonder if I have depression instead of cfs.
    I still have pain in my neck and shoulders, I have trouble sleeping....or staying asleep, and my energy levels drop after doing simple things.(Not to mention my irratble bowel).
    I have done nothing but cry all day today. Something I very rarely do. I cry because of the way I am. The way it is affecting my marriage, my life, my kids.
    I cry for my parents, my sisters, anything that has hurt in the past.
    I have only had this so called CFS for 3 months......if thats what they are telling me it is. I had a blood test again last week....this time they picked up Ive had
    Cytomeglovirus at some point in my life. Which they say could cause CFS.
    Im getting desperate as I dont know if I have the damn illness or if its all in my mind or if Im going crazy or Im just burnt out or if its depression.
    I dont know.
    Anyone else give me their thoughts on this?????
    Id appreciate it!!!!
  2. Lendi

Lendi New Member

But, I have to tell my self and you to not doubt yourself. You're going through a great deal of stess and changes. Yes, you may be depressed, but it's because of CFS. This DD can do so much to our bodies and our minds. Take time for yourself, visit with your Dr. It's hard to cope with everything, but there is help for you. It just takes a little time to get started with it. Hang in there. If there's anything I can do let me know. I'm always willing to listen. Positive vibes coming your way, Lendi
  3. rosella

rosella New Member

Your symptoms sound very much like the ones I had while I was diagnosed with depression & fibromyalgia. I would be overwhelmed by the most miniscule problems & also felt crazy & out of control at times. I am not an M.D., but feel that your shoulder & neck pain, & more importantly, your sleep problems are symptoms of FM. I know, because I have it.By the way, I am from Adelaide.
  4. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl New Member

Thank you for you kind thoughts.
    I wish it wasnt CFS......I would give anything.
    I cant work right now....and I have 2 jobs......which probably made me like this.....
    I need to get out of this house........we moved here only 5 months ago and I feel like Im trapped in my body...in my mind....and scared to venture psat the house as I also get anxiety attacks.
    I pray that I will wake up tomorrow and this will be gone.
  5. rosella

rosella New Member

I CAN feel your pain.The feeling of hoplessness & the panic attacks are all too familiar.