Anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, May 22, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Because I have FMS and CFS, I have to do a little bit of cleaning every day

When I was healthy, I used to come home from work on Thursdays and clean until the whole house is done

Now, I do maybe 20 minutes at a time.

BUT, I feel that I CONSTANTLY cleaning and it is getting to me!
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I try to do a little every day too, with the majority of the "big stuff" on Saturdays (mopping, etc). What gets me is the dust - it just never ends! I live on a dirt road and that doesn't help the situation one bit.

In the winter, we wear a lot of wool clothing, which also leaves dust everywhere - and don't even think about asking dh to wipe his feet!
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I do know how you feel. Especially, b/c my husband is the messiest person in the world. I do the 20 mins. thing too. Sometimes I even set a timer so I do not over do it. Ya, just got to breathe and know that what gets done gets done and you are more important than cleaning. Big cleansing breathes help that frustration leave you. Sounds cheezy but, works.
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I work 50 hour weeks in our business. I come home each evening around 6:00 p.m. and do a load of laundry and if the dishwasher is full, I start that too. I will vaccum twice a week because we have animals and I don't like the dander gathering in the carpet. I will get on my PJ's and take my med's and then fold a load of laundry and get my coffee pot all set up for the next day. Take out trash and then go to bed. I get up every morning at 4:00 because I wake up and that way I get household chores out of the way before work. I am not overwhelmed on the weekends this way and my son who is 19 and lives at home while attending college helps out a lot.

TxSongBird
  5. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Yes I feel this way. When a person can only work 1-2 hours a day, it takes a week just to get things done then it is time to start over again. So it feels as if all I do is clean.
  6. kmesh

kmesh New Member

I feel like that's all I do!