Anyone else feel worse on Ambien?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Feb 13, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Just wondered cause I seem to have gone down hill since starting it a couple of months ago. Since then I have been sick 3 times and feel awful all day, it doenst wear off like a hangover feeling. I am wondering if it is depressing my body too much or something. I sleep on it for a few hours, w/o it I dont sleep- I wake up every 30min. I think I will try stopping it and see if I get better.

Just wondered if anyone else felt worse on ambien in any way.
    Thanks
  2. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I tried Ambien CR - just a sample of 4 tablets - and couldn't take it anymore. I felt lousy all day, just like I was on the verge of getting sick, and I didn't sleep any better. I had much better luck with Lunesta though.
    Jess
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

when I get desperate for good sleep. I was given l0mg dosage but that is too strong for me so I break them in half. I found that l0 mg knocked me out and then I was really hung over for hours in the morning. With 5mg I get about 4-5 hours of deep sleep.
  4. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

My doctor prescribed the Ambien SR a couple of months ago. I tried it for a few nights. It helped me fall asleep and even stay asleep longer, however I hate the way it made me feel...sort of hung over and like I was in a 'dreamlike' state. Even my dreams were more vivid. I didn't like it at all, so I stopped taking it. I find that the Ativan works so much better for me. I have no side effects, and it also helps with my anxiety.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If the Ambien isn't working for you, ditch it. There are lots of other things you can try for sleep. Stormy's shake is a good basis for balancing things out in your body. It helps sleep as well as digestion and mood.
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How long have you been taking the Ativan and how much do you take? I find it helps my sleep too.

GBHope
  7. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks guys, I will check out your suggestions. Ambien doenst seem to be right for me. I am going to try getting off it and see if I feel better. I'm not 100% sure it is ambien, but I will know soon.
  8. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi GB,

I've been taking Ativan for about 9 months now. I take 1mg tablet before I go to bed. It has been so helpful for me. I realize many docs are reluctant to prescribe it, but I told my psychiatrist it really helps me and so far he has been prescribing it for me. Do you have a hard time getting your doctor to continue prescribing it for you?

KittyCat
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

I've been taking it for six years and it still works like a charm. I was totally stressed out on Saturday, over did it, broken down, been stepped on, ruined, just awful and I slept about 5 hours during the day.
    Then I went to sleep at 9:00 pm without my Ambien. I woke up at 1:30 am and took 1/2 a pill and didn't wake until 7:00 and I felt wonderful all day Sunday.