Anyone Else feeling exhausted from the summer heat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deserella, Jun 8, 2010.

1. deserella

deserella Member

I seem to go through this every year. I am so exhausted from the sudden change in temperature. I went to church on Sunday and there were tons of people in the chapel and no air conditioning. I was there for two hours and I think it wore me out. I have been drinking powerade and taking salt tablets and of coarse midodrine for my low bp and Orthostatic Intolerance. I have still felt so weak and light headed. Hopefully I'll adjust and start feeling better. If anyone has some suggestions please suggest away.

2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

In all honesty i couldnt go to a church with no a/c. Here in oklahoma summer has come early. Its been horrible. To be in a building with no air just isnt possible. I HAD to be out last sat and i bought one of those spray bottles with a fan on it. Saved my behind cos i put ice water in it. Tons of fluids. And IS draining. Exhausting. Saps what little energy you might have. Think this year is going to be a bad one.
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I have the same trouble w weakness, lightheadedness, and generally feeling awful due to heat. I also try to drink a lot and take salt tabs, but don't really have any other suggestions.

I'll check back to see if anyone else has any answers for us.
  4. floyd000

floyd000 New Member

Personally I am much better in the summer. I'll take Death Valley in July any day of the week over Minneapolis in January. My body temp is about 96.1. Anything below 80 and I am cold.
  5. Doober

Doober New Member

I can take. I am either cold or too hot.

I cannot stand to be outside in the sun and heat for too long. No matter how much I drink, I feel "drained", tired and at times almost lethargic.

I have friends and family telling me, "you got to drink lots of fluids". It is hard to tell them , no matter how much I drink, in fact, I get somache aches and way too full from drinking too much water and other non-carbinated drinks.

Now-a-days, soda for me is a treat and at night time, because I can't stand to drink it in the heat.

I can spead ALL day in the woods under the trees walking paths, but get me into the open fields at high noon, I am done for the rest of the day.
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

First, I live in Florida, so I'm screwed at least 6-8 months of the year, sometimes more.

It is already into the 90s here, so I don't even go outside during the day. Because of energy costs, last year I transitioned the household from the AC being set at 70 to being set at 74. I am now up to 75 during the day and 72 at night.

But it is still really warm for me. I have fans in almost every room, and I have them on when I am doing housework -- even paying bills.

When I over-do, and with CFS, that doesn't take long, it takes me more than a day to recover. My whole body hurts, and I have to sleep, sleep, sleep.

I can sympathize about the church thing. One of the reasons I left choir was because wearing choir robes was like cooking myself. We have a lot of older people in the congregations, so the AC is set way too warm for me. Yesterday I called and told the coordinator that I cannot be a greeter at the door any more. The front of the church faces south, and it is like being baked. All I end up doing is sleeping the rest of the day after church.

I am seriously looking into getting a vest like people with MS get with freezable gel packs.

Next month we are headed to New England, and being able to get in the ocean will help, but the house we'll be in doesn't have AC, and we'll have to depend on lots of fans.
  7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Just wondering how much of RKPG do you take?

Any specific kind?

I was just shopping around on the internet and saw many mixed reviews.

I'll try anything (within reason!) to try and find some strength and energy these days....

Thanks, any info would be great...