Anyone Else Fighting A Virus?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Geez, I was feeling pretty well and even managing a little work around my condo when I felt a virus coming on. It felt like a cold with achy muscles, stuffy head, headache, sneezing and a little cough. I immediately got on my zapper and started taking extra Vitamin C, zinc, and echenicea (sp?). It seemed to be clearing up but now, I'm feeling worse. I don't know whether it's because my own body is doing a heroic job of fighting it off or whether it's the virus itself.

I finally started taking some Acyclovir so that any latent Herpes Family Viruses wouldn't reactivate, as they tend to do this when we are run down. I feel hot but am not running a time, so I will not start Doxycycline unless I do.

This is the second week of this and I should start feeling better soon. I just don't want this to become a dragged out thing. After a week on the Acyclovir, if I'm not better, I will pulse the TF's for a few days. It'll be about time to pulse them anyway.

Geez, if it isn't one thing with us, it's something else. Whine, whine, whine :)

Love, Mikie
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Mikie,
    I've got it too. Funny thing is, I take all the super good stuff, and usually when I do, I can whip a bug in a couple of days, but not this time. This is one hefty mother of a bug! I think these bugs are getting way stronger. Altho, I'm not nearly as sick as those around me are, it's just annoying.

Get better soon!

K.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you all get to feeling better too and get rid of this crud once and for all. I'm better than I was earlier today. I have a condo assn. meeting which I have to attend next door tonight and then, it's early to bed.

Y'all take care and rest up.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Sorry to read Mikie that your fighting a Bug too.
    I changed from Zithromycian back to Cipro, and now I have the Stomach problems, I get from it.
    Mainly Gas, and bloating, but once the "Bug" is gone, I forget about the side-effects.

Hope you feel better soon, and your so right, if it ain't one thing , it's another, sigh, :eek:)

Hug's,
    sharonk
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

with some sort of virus. My head is stuffy, fluid in my ears causing dizziness, spaciness, feeling fatigued---not sure if it's a virus or allergies but I'm been down about a month now. I'm a Florida gal too, so is there something in the air??

Feel better!

Tania
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Woke up with a sore throat today, hot and cold chills. Just hope it's not the flu.

Hope you feel better!

7. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

i'm in west central florida and saw a news report tonight that the flu's hitting florida hard, especially pasco and hernando counties. my mom is currently recovering from it. i've been taking care of her and amazed it hasn't got me. it must be the mega doses of C i take. anyway, just wanted to share my sympathy. my mom was miserable with the cough and congestion for about a week; slowly coming back around now.

feel better,
    eddie
  8. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm not from Flordia---am from New York, but I started coming down with a flu bug on Friday of last week. I've been running a fever of 100-103 and have had head cold along with it. I'm sneezing and coughing alot too. I finally went to the Doctors today and and they said it's probably a virus and will last 7-10 days. I'm taking coricedin and cough syrup and nasal spray. Hopefully this will go away soon---I've been camped out in my bedroom since Friday and just feel lousy.

Sorry for the complaining

Sandy
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Us Californians started getting this months ago, and the length it stayed with alot of us was a minimum of a month.

It took me 5 weeks; never had a virus with such horrible symptoms. The achies were the worst. I found that Elderberry Extract took my fever down & helped the achies somewhat.

And kept my diet very "light" & healthy; lots of fluids & flu supplements.

LIGHT**********carole
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Lots of people sick. I hope and pray y'all get better.

I'm Herxing today. I started the Acyclovir to ensure that none of the latent Herpes Viruses, like CMV, EBV, or HHV-6, trues to use this opportunity to reactivate. I don't know what is being killed off, but this is one big Herx. I hope after this, things improve.

This is a strange bug. I never really came down with a cold; I just had a wee bit of sneezing, coughing, headaches, and a stuffy head. I would feel better and then feel worse.

Back in the early 70's when I was in the hospital with viral meningitis, I read an article. It stated that increased UV light in our atmosphere would eventually cause mutation to viruses and that the world would see strange new viruses emerging. Just what I needed to be reading then :) Over the years, as I've seen strange viruses, that old article comes to mind.

Take care, my friends. It's back to the sofa for me for now.

Love, Mikie
  11. mariee

mariee Member

Hi Mikie,
    I hope you start to feel better.
    Three weeks ago,I had a head cold for that kept me down for a week.
    Now I have the tummy flu. Went to the mountains for the weekend, and was sick the whole time. My FM pain flared up pretty badly. Staying on a bland diet, and adding a bit of yogurt to help the tummy calm down. I am too chicken to start your protocal....sounds horrid. I was on MS meds that knocked my socks off for months...try to be gentle to my system now.
    The hardest thing for me is to take care of myself. My DIL doesn't understand, and "needs" me to help take care of her toddlers... I go once or twice a week - 45 minute drive one way. Where was I when I was raising kids alone????
    But I need to make it my responsibility to say no, even if she throws a silent tantrum.
    Hope we all get well soon.
    Sending healing wishes your way.
    mariee
  12. darude

darude New Member

Ya I woke up in the middle of the night with severe sore throat. That lasted a couple of days and now have the muscle aches and heavy legs. Lots of bad stuff going around.
  13. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good,,,,,,sending well wishes your way.

Your plan of attack makes good sense. Have you considered trying Sambucol? Seems to work for me as I've missed many colds with this but it must be taken at the first sign of a bug.

Better days are a comin! foxglove
  14. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Mikie:
    I am not sure what I had. I had to take Clindamyacin for a toothache after a root canal at Christmas. That started diarrhea that continued and kept getting worse. On January 10th I went to my doc and he thought I had C. Difficile from the antibiotic. So I did the stool studies and started Flagyl. They were negative and I got worse. They added Cipro and Lomotil and I got worse again. By the 13th I was vomiting, and on the 15th I had to be taken by ambulance to the ER. I was admitted for 6 days.

They never found what it was but think it was either viral or the C.Difficile. The dirrhea just stopped last week finally! I lost 25 pounds during this and was very weak. Getting my strength back slowly.

Ironically, the day after I got home from the hospital, when I could barely walk to the bathroom on my own, I got my first denial from SS. They said I can work...HA! So now the appeal stage starts. Talk about timing. I was already so beat down from that, and they get me too.

I am in Arizona, and a lot of people with stomach virus things going on here, but they say our flu season is on the downslide. Still not a good year is you ask me! I hope you feel better soon.

M J
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My daughter just called and they found a mass on one of her ovaries through an ultrasound. It's not a cyst. The doc wants to wait another month to see if there are any changes and do a biopsy if there are. She is calling him back to try to force some kind of treatment before then.

My feeling is that if it's not a cyst and is a mass, it's going to have to come out. If it's cancerous, every day counts. Ovarian Cancer is deadly. If it's not cancerous, it could turn cancerous and it needs to come out. Either way, it needs to come out. We don't know why he's playing this waiting game. Insurance perhaps?

She had a tubal five months ago and it was not there then. This means that whatever it is, it grew fast. Please pray for her. She has an eight-month old baby boy and he needs her. Thank you all in advance. I'm going to post this separately in hopes of getting more prayer for her.

Love, Mikie