Anyone Else Flaring?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Jan 27, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

The past week has been just one horrible flare after another. We've had some more weird weather patterns and it is really taking a toll on me. This is by far the worst flare I've ever had. If anyone has some good tips on how to deal with the flare I'm all ears.

I just wanted to let everyone know I am still around but even typing hurts.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Yep we can get to the Flaring point rather easily this time of year with all this whacky Wheather!!,,,,,

I don't know if this will work for you but it always helps me to put a blanket in the dryer and let it warm up and then wrap up in it while lying down,,,also any pain med and lots of Water,,,,,,,,,,,Hope this helps!,,,,,,Sis
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I hope your flare is a short one. Take care of yourself.

My heating pad's are my closest friend's, especially when flaring. Rest often. Have other's help with daily chore's. I have used hydrocodone in the past. In fact, need to get to 'Doc', for med review. Stretching. I use a muscle rub, but be careful if using heating pad. Your skin will burn, more easily. Drink lots of water, etc.

I have been in a flare for the past three weeks. Too busy the two week's before, and now I'm paying! Our weather has been crazy, too. I believe it is all of the crazy weather changes. Our body doesn't have time to 'calm' down, before another weather change is coming in.

Let us know how you are!

Gentle hugs,

PS. If you don't have heating pad's, you can take a long sock, fill it with rice, and heat in microwave. Don't overheat it!

4. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi Monica,

I just posted the same question on the FM/CFS board! I'm sorry you're suffering. I am too. It's nice to know I am not alone or that it's "all in my head", but I feel badly that it's at your expense.

For everyone else that posted suggestions, thank you so much. I thought I would try them all at once, but then I'd electrocute myself in the bath fully clothed and would be getting in and out every ten minutes from all the water and herb tea!

Pays to have a sense of humor when you're hurting....... <grin>