Anyone else from upstate NY here? Near Albany, Syracuse ect???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinky1234, Aug 4, 2006.

1. pinky1234

pinky1234 New Member

Haven't seen anyone who is so far. Maybe I missed you. :eek:)
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Raised in the suburb of Whitesboro. I went to college in Albany (little catholic school, the College of St. Rose---I was a "rosebud"!) and my Mom now lives in Rochester. I left there years ago, so I don't have any good or current doctors there. I miss that area of the country, though, especially in the fall. Always enjoy visiting!

I think we do have members who currently live in that general area....hopefully, they'll respond.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm in upstate NY.
    Loving the weather were having! other than those few 100 degree muggy hot days!! uuugghhh!
    I'm in Rome, not far from Syracuse.
    about 45 minutes drive.
    Hope to hear from you~

Hugs
    Tandy
  4. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi - I live closer to Rochester NY. Syracuse is probably about ohhhh- 1-1/2 hour drive.

Nice to meet you
    Janet
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

back up for more NY'ers.

I know theres more here,...???
    come out come out whereever you are :)
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Fingerlakes here. Fabulous day today thank goodness the heta eased up.

Anne Cromwell
  7. pinky1234

pinky1234 New Member

Don't seem to be many but at least there are some....I am in Grand Gorge. A tiny little town. I HATE SUMMER for the humidity, buggy, sticky stuff it brings. Much rather have colder weather. Today was great though!!

Hope to meet more NY people if there are any......
  8. azbubba

azbubba New Member

...but now live in Arizona. Grew up in Potsdam... +5 points if you know where that is.
  9. sandyblue

sandyblue New Member

Not from upstate NY, but am from the Pocono Mountains area. Actually Lake Carey, PA. 10 pts if you know where that is! I do, however have to go upstate every year to get to my fishing property in Ontario, Canada that my Grandpa left me, 10 points to anyone who knows of Centenial Lake in the Ontario Province.
    sandy in phx
  10. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Bump
    I'm from a little Southwest of Albany, NY up in the Helderberg mountains.
    Anyone found good drs. around this area?

Reeny
  11. charlenef

charlenef New Member

closer to buffalo im in cheektowaga area charlene
  12. Roseecoop

Roseecoop New Member

New Yorker here but not from Albany area. Hyde Park area home of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Anyone else???
  13. elliespad

elliespad Member

Grew up in Colonie, now living in South Glens Falls.
  14. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Pinky:

I live in western NY south of Rochester just a little north of the finger lakes wine trail region in a small yet really nice town. Not to far from the thruway either.

I recently moved here (4 mos ago). However, I grew up unti age 13/14 near Syracuse, Cazenovia.

Have moved areound a bit since than, but always considered upastet NY home. We came in from South central pa, I love the people here always so friendly and helpful.

I am worried a bit about the weather and how it might affect me. I guess we will get our first test at the end of the week. Cold front coming through...with cold rain and snow...

Lets see how we all do.

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  15. charlenef

charlenef New Member

16. Amslave

Amslave New Member

I live in massena ( 1/2 hr from potsdam Have family there) We are 3 hrs from syr, The weather bothers me intensly but I have to many things here that make it imposible to relocate, So I hang out by my wood stove and hibrinate 3 seasons. I also dream of Arizona!!!
  17. gnanny

gnanny New Member

for my NY friend
  18. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

My daughter is going to Cazenovia College.....It is beautiful up that way by Syracuse. Getting very cold!
    We can have snow by the end of the week....brrrrrrr
  19. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi,

I'm just in a suburb of Rochester--east in the town of Pittsford. My daughter lives in Canadaigua.

We are going to have cold weather by the end of this week.

Sandy
  20. RT_3113

RT_3113 New Member

Pinky,
    I too am originally from NY, cheektowaga actually. I lived in Ballston Lake for about 10 years( near Albany) until finally moving to sunny, hurricane prone Florida. I am loving every minute of it.After 40 years of snow, it sure is a much easier life here in Florida.

RT