Anyone else frustrated?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katiebug61, Jul 24, 2008.

1. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

I know that everyone goes through this, but I am so frustrated I don't know which way to turn. I am having some unpleasant side effects from the Lyrica. I go to my PCP and she listens, but won't change the meds because the rheumy was the one to Rx the Lyrica. I do not like having to bounce back and forth between doctors.
    I am getting that overwhelmed and out of control feeling. I can't remember things and can't concentrate. I have used up all my sick leave and vacation time. I am just waiting for my boss to call me in and talk to me. I am afraid I will just disolve into tears. I am not just staying home to play hookey, as you all know. I had a stress/tension headache or migraine, that kept me down and out for 1 1/2 days.
    I just want to find something, a combination, whatever that will help and allow me to work and function like a "normal" person. Isn't that what we all want? Why is it so difficult? What will I tell my boss when he writes me up because I have been off. Men do NOT understand and this guy is ex-military!!!!
    Sorry to vent and whine, but no one else in the world understands but you, my fellow FM'ers! Thanks for listening and this is the best message board in the world!!!!! :) @-->--
  2. lsaxton65

lsaxton65 New Member

I had that talk with my boss. Instead of getting my raise, I was put on probation. It was then that I realized I could no longer perform my job duties and 2 weeks later, after accepting the fact that I was no longer able to work, I gave a 6 week notice and prayed that I would get throught he 6 weeks, which I did, but with problems.

I know what it's like stress-wise and financial-wise trying to get dr's to work together. It is so difficult sometimes, but you have to keep pushing.

It's okay to dissolve into tears , even at work. Alot of times it helps relive som stress

I don't think any of us ever get "normalcy" back into our lives and that's frustrating and drags us down even more. But we do have one thing...determination!!

Good Luck

3. ppriced

ppriced New Member

This is normal for me and has been for a long time now.

Hang in there!
  4. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Thanks so much Lisa. My job is one that my boss works 100mph and expects his employees to do so also. I have been here almost 9 yrs. I don't know what I would do if I lose this job. We can't survive on my DH job. No way would I qualify for SSDI. If he would let me work 4 days a week with Wednesday off in the middle for a rest day, I think I could continue to work. I have always been able to keep up with him, in the past, but the last couple of months I can see myself slipping out of the groove.
    I used to be able to remember all kinds of deadlines and such. Nothing got by me without remembering. Now I can't even find words sometimes when I need them. That was NEVER a problem before. I have not been one to be at a loss for words. ha ha I was dx in April, but I know I had minor symptoms before that. I had pneumonia in Jan and missed 10 days work. I think that was my 'trigger' for the FM to rear it's ugly head.
    Thanks for listening and for your advice and care and concern. Again this is an awesome place to come to for support and understanding!
  5. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Sorry about your problems at work. I finally had to quit my job. The stress was unbearable and made me feel sicker then I already was. Can you speak with your supervisor and maybe someone from human resources about your dilema?

Some companies (especially the bigger corporations) will try and work with you on a flexible schedule or a shorter work week. You will most likely take a cut in pay - but it beats getting terminated or trying to qualify for disability. Or maybe there is another position within the company that has less stress and responsibility that you could "downgrade" to?

Try to talk to someone within the company, and who cares if you dissolve into tears? This is a very painful situation you are in and they should know about it.

good luck,
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

seems like a good title for some of the things we go through. It sounds like you ARE doing your best. It is your 'right now' best . Not like it used to be , but still , for where you are with stress/headaches/pain you are still putting major energy into this !

It seems to me that all you can do is tell your boss how it is . Maybe you can type your own statement paper to include in the 'write-up'so that it is in your files.

Don't worry about tears. It is another way to get rid of toxins in your body !

I wish I had a way to be 'normal' too. I guess we will have to be the new normal.

I hope all goes better for you soon.

7. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Since I am new, I don't know what LDN is. I have also seen the "bump" thing, but I don't have a clue what that is. Sorry for being such a ding-a-ling.
    Thanks folks !
  8. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Have you considered a family medical leave? It is unpaid but federally sanctioned so the employer can't deny it. You can take up to 3 months, then your long term disability from the company takes over.

I took this at my last full time job, I think I had CFS then, but actually believe it saved my life. I went back 1 day short of the 3 months, but only worked a little over 1 more year.

The stress from the job is what I believe triggered my FM, and I fought it for a long time but now on lyrica every day and lodine when I need it.

Still seeing doctors - 5 different ones now, trying to find out everything wrong with me.

Good Luck.

9. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Hey folks,
    I just got this in an e-mail from FM Network. I like the news that they are actually working on more meds to maybe help us. I hope they work. We need more options than just Lyrica and Cymbalta. I am on both and still hurting. Just wanted to share the good news! Hey it is Friday and the weekend is only hours away. Wishing soothing massages to everyone and gentle hugs!
    Treatment options for fibromyalgia (FM) are definitely getting better! Did you know that five new medications are undergoing tests with the intention of being FDA-approved for the treatment of FM? One drug will be available on the U.S. prescription market in four months, specifically for relieving FM symptoms. Two of the five medications were recently FDA-approved for other medical conditions, but physicians may prescribe them “off-label” for people with FM.

Unlike most medications prescribed these days for relieving chronic pain, none of these new meds will expand your waistline, and some will actually help you shed a few pounds.