anyone else get a weird vibrating in arch of foot?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blkkat, Apr 6, 2007.

1. blkkat

blkkat New Member

Hi, well now i get this weird vibrating thing in the arch of my left foot.

it's not like my reg. buzzing in my legs, feet, arms but it's new . it only vibrates if i pick up or put down my foot or if i just even tap my foot anywhere on it.

It drives me crazy. every time i get a EMG it shows nothing is wrong. well just thought I'd ask. GOD BLESS--- BLKKAT
  2. app5775

app5775 New Member

Ya know a long time ago, about 20 years to be exact, one of my very first symptons aside from fatigue was that I started having tingling and electric like feeling in my feet and arch. Back at that time CFS was just becoming somewhat heard of but my neurologist ran a battery of tests to rule out MS. For many years I was worried but its not MS its CFS and Fibro crap. I still get those weird sensations. Hate it tho. My legs would somewhat vibrate like you suggested when I'd tap or hit them wrong. I just shrug it off and add it to my list of the pain in the butt stuff I just have to live with.
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi , it seems we get a ( NEW ) symptom all the time. know wonder everyone thinks were crazy. take care good vibrations LOL!--NOT GOD BLESS BLKKAT
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Esp when I would stand or walk a lot. Dr. Scholls makes good arch supports.

My doc told me that they take them out since some ppl are born flat footed and an arch would make them arch dependant.

Also a pinched nerve would cause electric feelings. Does it hurt in the morning after a good nites rest? Does it buzz right away?
  5. coolma

coolma New Member

I can sympathize! My feet hurt every spring. One year I was walking barefoot and just from going up and down the stairs I got plantar fasiaatis - 2-1/2 years in severe foot pain. Now after therapy, I always wear foot inserts - never go barefoot, always wear a gel heel cushion in all my shoes (even my house slippers). Believe me, you do NOT want to get that.

Fibro causes tightening of ligaments - nerves, ligaments, etc. run down your foot - the nerves are "firing" off - I guess because we always walk on our feet! Haven't found a "cure" for that yet. Walking hurts my feet every spring. Joy!

Wishing you good health and Happy Easter!
  6. Densgirl

Densgirl New Member

I have had bad for a couple of years. It's okay when I get up in the am, but once I start moving around, it starts up and is more an a buzzing sensation at this point,it is painful. Lyica does not touch it so I'm not sure that is has anything to do with my FM or not. It's great in the am to feel normal for a short while though.

dengirl
  7. michellesnitcher

michellesnitcher New Member

I go for physio and acupuncture with a bit of pilates thrown in 2 a week.This therapy is to help with my all around pain.I have of recent also had much pain under my righr foot.I too have PLANTAR FASIAATIS..going for my MRI on Thursday.It is really painful..all I need along with all my other pain.I have been given some foot exercises and so fareems to be helping a bit.I was also told to never wear a really flat shoe.Was recommended to wear orthotics.
  8. deb4321

deb4321 New Member

Yes, I have been having the vibration, electrical shock feeling in my feet & legs recently too. Have family history of MS so got pretty scared a few weeks ago. But neuro pretty much just said I was crazy. She didn't link it to my CFS tho so I've been wondering for last few weeks.

Luckily this is the 2nd post I've seen here in the last week describing my same symptoms so I feel much better that it most likely is related to the CFS & not MS.

So glad I found you guys here!! Thanks!!

Deb
  9. Engel

Engel New Member

but not any vibrating.
  10. Prunella

Prunella New Member

You might be getting "fallen arches". That's how mine started out. Wish I had caught it sooner. I went to a special kind of podiatrist, a functional podiatrist, I believe. I had some special inserts made and they are wonderful. Expensive, but worth every penny.

He also showed me a special stretching exercise to do twice a day on these slanted wooden block. This is to loosen up the calf muscles.

This all may be related to fibro or maybe not. According to him, lots of people get this.

The earlier you get this checked out the better.
  11. blkkat

blkkat New Member

thanks to you all for your posts. when i see the DR soon , I'll ask about the fallen arch issue. and to answer someone , yes it buzzes 24/7. GOD BLESS-- BLKKAT