Anyone else get antsy when...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tonijo, Sep 16, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Im in crowds for awhile I need to get out. It feels like I am being crowded. I also get antsy when visitors stay to long. I love seeing them but Im always ready for them to go after awhile.
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Im in crowds for awhile I need to get out. It feels like I am being crowded. I also get antsy when visitors stay to long. I love seeing them but Im always ready for them to go after awhile.
    tonijo
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I cannot abide this and everyone that knows me, knows about this....I can't stand being in a crowd and I can't stand being with one of my patients in their room with the door closed. I feel trapped and smothered.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I stay away from crowds as someone is always bumping into you. It hurts when we get zapped like that!

As for company, I have a limited time for people to stay, I am also glad to see them, but am not sorry when they leave either.

I have made house rules, I don't have overnight company anymore. It takes so much energy to have people here for days. Breaks up my routine, and it causes me to go into a Flare after they leave.

We moved to the country to get away from the stress of the city and all the people we know. Its been pretty quiet for the last eight years. I love being long distance from everyone!

I think a lot of us have these problems. It is tiring for us and will cause anxiety, which you described as antsy, good way to express it!

Take care.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. dragonslayer0327

dragonslayer0327 New Member

Everytime i go out to the mall or the store or some event I go nuts. I get really annoyed with everyone around me and I can't stay in one place...I tend to walk really fast and when i get trapped in a large group I have this burning need to escape. As for company I get the same way...I invite someone over to hang out or i say that i'll come over an do something and then all i want to do is go home or for them to go away...but how do you politely tell someone to leave u alone?

Lauren
  6. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Tonijo,

I'm with you on this one. I love to see my friends
    and realtive too, but, I do get antsy.

I've always said "I enjoy (MY) own company"

LadiDi

ps: my own company means ME!! Alone
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Most people think agorophobia means you are afraid of open places, or even afraid to go out of your house. However, mild cases often involve fear of crowds....a feeling of being overwhelmed and a fear of not being able to get out when/if you want to. Agorophobia is often coexistant with panic disorder which affects almost 40% of Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) patients at some time in their lives, and 75% of FMSers have an MVP, so......it is entirely logical that some of us would feel this way. I know I do. Like Greta Garbo, most of the time "I vant to be alone"!
    Klutzo
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I used to love & need to be with people, always willing to be social, not anymore, I find that the only people I want to be around are those that truly understand, it is difficult to talk about other things when your world is crashing down around you and I feel like that most of the time. This DD has forced me to re-prioritize my life, I am able to take better care of my wonderful husband and 8 yo son. They get a lot more attn and I am not distracted by outside influences, that has been a blessing. I do miss having a paycheck and I feel like a complete schmuck that I am no longer financially contributing to the household. Most people just do not interest me anymore, crowds are even worse, it just wears me out.

Jaci
  9. Dara

Dara New Member

get panic/anxiety attacks especially standing in line at the grocery store, driving over bridges, and driving on the freeway. I panicked that I couldn't get out or get off the freeway. I finally had to start taking Alprazolam for the attacks. It helped me immensely and now I don't have to take it anymore and just recently drove over 400 miles one way. I would actually get myself into an anxiety attack just thinking ahead of time of driving over a bridge. I live in what they call the "city of bridges" so you can only imagine how much this phobia limited me. There is nothing worse than feeling like you're trapped and it's hard for other people to really understand unless they have gone through it.

Dara
  10. virgobuddy

virgobuddy New Member

How do those of you who feel like this make new friends? Maybe that's a rhetorical question. Seems that anyone I meet can't get away from me fast enough...I've turned into one of "those" people no one wants to know because they're no fun, don't have anything to talk about because they don't have a life, and are simply boring. It used to be just the opposite for me: I was a people-magnet with an overbooked social calendar. My, how things have changed.

Some time ago I acknowleged my social anxiety and attributed it being "out of practice" with my social skills since I'd spent the better part of the last 2 years @ home, too sick to even want to do anything. Lately I've been thinking that my lack of desire to socialize stems from the identity crisis, self-esteem deficit, and low energy level that comes with this DD. I don't seem to look forward to doing much of anything I used to enjoy. Am I doomed to this sordid existence? Is this what I have to look forward to with the "new me"? I'd at least like to be comfortable in my own home...a cabin in the woods would suit me just fine.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2002]
  11. virgobuddy

virgobuddy New Member

That's EXACTLY how I've felt at times. Thanks.
    A
  12. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I can't stand crowds, can't stand to be in a car longer than about 20minutes, don't invite many friends over anymore..I feel like a 90yr old person sometimes..I do suffer from agoraphobia, but have had that for the last 20yrs..I still used to have friends over at holidays, or for summer picnics..But now, if I do happen to invite someone over, I have myself in a real panic days before..I'm always afraid, I will be having a bad day or days before and that I will not be able to get things done for the company coming..Even when we all get together on my husband's side of the family (he has 5 brothers/sisters, all with kids, and grown kids that now have their own),I get myself nutz, just knowing I have to prepare one or two things to take along..I can never sit still when I'm there and can't wait to go home..Although I do enjoy their company..Everyone always says, "Well, Donna, how are you feeling these days" - nobody REALLY wants to hear how I ACTUALLY feel - that would be boring to them..So I just say, good days, bad days..We have lost a few friends due to the way I feel, but then again, I guess they were not true friends to begin with or they would stick by you no matter what..Sorry I went on so long, but I can really relate to this subject....
    Take Care.......Donna

[ advertisement ]