Anyone else got message about Dr. Phil and his story on ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Dec 6, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Chronic pain and how it effects the family. Apparently this show has been taped but the producers are not sure if they will air it due to lack of interest. If you go to his website you can e-mail the show and let them know how important it is to air it. Much as I hate Dr Phil, I will be submitting my e-mail today.

Take care,
    Maria
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Chronic pain and how it effects the family. Apparently this show has been taped but the producers are not sure if they will air it due to lack of interest. If you go to his website you can e-mail the show and let them know how important it is to air it. Much as I hate Dr Phil, I will be submitting my e-mail today.

Take care,
    Maria
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I received one also. I`m going to try to email him also.
    Hopefully if he did a show about it, it might help.
  4. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I am a huge dr. phil fan, and last week got this "brainstorm" about sending him an email regarding chronic pain. Which I did! This is so weird to find out that it's already on the works. But all they sent me back was a thank you so much for your idea note...they never indicated that this was in progress. What I got was probably an automated response.
    Peace,
    Stormy
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Let's make sure we stay on top of it so we all get at least a day's notice so we can watch it, I hurt worse all the time.

Jaci
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I got an email that originated from another website and I think a newsletter from there. It said that Dr. Phil was considering a show on living with chronic pain and chronic pain, but wan't sure if the audience woudl be there. This email didn't say anything about the show already being taped. It encouraged everyone to write to the show and tell them that you would like to see a show on this subject.

I wrote and told them that and went into detail about why. Kind of the personal touch. I'm really not even a fan of his and haven't watched his show yet. But I do think any good publicity we can get is worth the effort.

Barbara
  7. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I don't know if any of you saw my post regarding e-mailing Oprah about the same thing, but it sure drew a lot of buzz from a lot of us here at this site...a whole lot of us e-mailed her to do the same thing you're talking about w/Dr.Phil. I haven't heard from them yet, but keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers. I am a member of both sites, so I will e-mail Dr.Phil, too...the more the merrier!!!!!!! Let's keep this bumped up and see if we can get more participants, okay?

1Writer
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

a few months ago and got the "thank you for writing" reeturn, but have heard nothing else.
    I did not get this e-mail you guys mentioned. Maybe I will at some oint though.
    This would be a good forum, IF done sensitively and informatively and compassionately.
    Kady
  9. HiFive

HiFive New Member

and got the standard thank you for your input e-mail in return. I hope they air the show. We'll see.
    pam
  10. JP

JP New Member

I like Dr. Phil and I have a slight fear that he may take a complex issue and tell the world to get over it! Stop it right now--speaking to those of us who live in pain 24/7. I sit at my computer this very moment with tears streaming down my face...hoping that I can distract myself enough to take an edge off of this pain. I wish I could get over it and stop it right now...

Anyway, just a fearful thought...Jan
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And no, I'm not taping a show with him :) Don't I wish we could get some national exposure which would be fair and informational. I believe that most media producers would stoop to the sensationalizing of our issues and pit both sides against each other for ratings (those who believe in CFS/FMS and those who say it doesn't exist). That is why I'm always wary of any coverage we get. It could do more harm than good.

I think Operah is a lost cause.

Love, Mikie
  12. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Just bumping and yes, I e-mail Dr.Phil, too...and Oprah.
    Haven't heard a thing yet, just the response you get for e-mailing.
    1Writer
  13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Maria:

I just e-mailed Lisa Steinke and didn't have any problems with it being sent. Hope everyone else will do this, too!

Ellen