Anyone else had gastric bypass with problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by s--raquel, Feb 24, 2007.

1. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

Hi to all...I have cfs and fm but also have alot to health problems due to a gastric bypass (2001) Im having a hard time finding a support group for this. Anyone had a gastric bypass and are having problems...

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I had bypass surgery 4 yrs ago and didn't have any problems, which is a blessing. What kind of issues are you having? The only problem I have with the surgery is gaining weight again due to depression.
  3. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

I dont absorb ANY iron or B-12...Ive always took my vitamins...but I now have a port so I can get iron infusions 2-4 x's a year. I also have to give myself B-12 shots monthly.

I have alot of gas, bloating, constant loose bowel movements(sorry, not the most pleasant to talk about!)...Its hard to tell what is from Chronic Fatigue and what is from the bypass....

I have also gained 42 pounds back over the last year and a half!!! I am scared to death!!! I have diabetes, morbid obesity, and heart disease in my family...and keeping the weight off is not happening anymore!!! My health has been out of control over the last couple of years, and the weight is coming hand and hand with that!

I have depression also...Chronic Depression!!!

Glad to hear you are doing you have a support group if you dont mind me asking?
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having problems with your bypass. Did you have done with the "scopes"? My niece just had one at Christmastime and is doing fine, so far.

How much total weight did you lose at first?

I am seeing a surgeon regarding the Lap Band procedure now.

5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I had traditional surgery with a scar to prove it!! While my surgery was 4 yrs ago, I only started my vitamins in the last month. I live in KC and had the surgery done in Chicago (insurance, go figure) so my follow up care was non-existance. I don't have a support group, I wish I did that I could refer you to. The weight gain for me started when my depression bacame overpowering my whole life 1 1/2 yrs ago. I am happy to talk with you anytime. I have found that many people don't approve of the surgery and have no time to listen to problems arising from it.

6. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Good luck! I don't know anyone who has had that procedure, but I understand it is much more manageable than gastric bypass.
  7. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I had the lap band done a year ago.

Luckily no problems though.

My father, 2 uncles and one aunt have had the gastric bypass though so if you are having any problems maybe I could be of some help.