Anyone else had tennis elbow surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goldilox, Dec 27, 2006.

1. goldilox

goldilox Member

Hi Everyone,

I had tennis elbow surgery about 3 weeks ago now and at this point feel no better. I have to do physiotherapy myself with a weight and try and stretch my arm out while having my forearm straight on a soft surface.
    Its really hard and I also find just writing and cooking, cleaning etc is much harder than it used to be!!
    I am wondering whether it was worth the surgery and how much of the fibromyalgia component there was in my elbow/forearm.
    If anyone else has had the surgery or has any suggestions please let me know. I am very frustrated.

Thanks,

Sue
  2. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

Hi Sue,

I had tennis elbow surgery years ago but it was about an inch from where my elbow joint is now i still have scar is ok most of the time apart from winter when it flares up or if u press it hurts near to elbow joint thats where id say my original problem was.

I dont know about the fibro aspect as i was not diagnosed with fibro at that point in time so cannot tell u.

Dolphin82.
  3. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi
    I was diagnosed with tennis elbow & treated with physio, accupuncture, laser, ultrasound. Then when it hadn't cleared up I was referred to a consultant who gave me a cortisone injection which was the worst pain I can remember for 2 weeks! When I went back to him he said that I needed surgery - I said no thanks!

Tennis elbow continued and then pains started everywhere.

After many, many tests I finally found a consultant who knew what he was talking about, he diagnosed me with Fibro. He then told me that tennis elbow is a classic first sign of Fibro & told me that surgery would not have made any difference to me. So when I get major flares my elbow hurts beyond belief.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm saying that you should not have had surgery - That was just the case for me. It could be that your tennis elbow is combined with the classic fibro tender point so it will take longer to heal.

With surgery & our condition anything takes longer than normal to heal.

Good luck & hope you feel better soon.