Anyone else hate to dream?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Feb 25, 2003.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

On the weekends I like to sleep in, but I always seem to wake up around 6:30 or 7:00 then fall back to sleep for an hour or so.

During this hour I always have really strange dreams. I am always running or hiding or something that takes a lot of energy. When I wake up I feel tired.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Laura
  2. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

Hi Laura, sorry your precious sleep is not much fun or revitalizing.
    Yes, I do have bizarre dreams--especially lately. Some are so unspeakably weird. I think it has more to do with my present worries than with the Fibro. That reminds me--I need to sit in stillness more often.
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

someone analyze my dreams. I wonder what they would make out of it?
  4. vegansf

vegansf New Member

Seems like I've only had bizarre and horrifying nightmares for the last 15 years. Seriously. I wake up in the middle of panic attacks a lot. It's no wonder I'm always exhausted.
  5. KristinLee

KristinLee New Member

I'm new to this board, but its interesting to immediately see something I share. Despite all the various sleep meds, my dreams are always stressful, as if I'm trying to get away from somewhere, something, and I wake up shaking. I just thought it had to do with past stresses in my life (PTSD), but maybe not. Although I love to sleep, sometimes I dread it, knowing I'll be so exhausted when I wake up, but I never can clearly recall the dream by the time I finally do get up - just sketchy details. Any know of a cure??
  6. bees

bees New Member

This might sound like a strange suggestion but I spoke to my OT about the same problem and she said it was probably related to poor quality sleep.

Apparently when you dream you are in the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) of sleep which comes just before deep, refreshing sleep. Often if you experience bad dreams you are sleeping longer than necessary. I've started getting up the first time I wake up now and actually feel much better and have very few bad dreams. I'd reccomend it!

(edited for spelling)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2003]
  7. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

Yes! Does anyone remember back in the '70s (well, maybe the trend never really went away...) when some anthropologists were studying certain "tribes" of people who ritualized their dream-life as a part of their culture.

The elders or shamans would help guide their people in their waking life by having them control what happened in their dreams.

For instance, if you were falling off a cliff you could make yourself sprout wings and fly up and go on a different adventure. Somehow the dream would give the person better confidence or something in their waking life once they "improved" a less desirable situation in the dreams... ...Anyone know what I'm saying?
  8. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

That is exactly what I feel... Anti-dream pill--- I would buy it in a heart beat