ANYONE ELSE HAVE ABNORMAL BRAIN EEG?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Friends,

As some of you know, I have FMS and CFIDS. I've been seeing a Neurologist because of a temporary left-eye blindness episode I had several weeks ago. I also have headaches on the left top of my head and lots of pain, numbness, tingling in left leg and foot. He has ordered a series of tests to determine what the problem could be.

I received the results of a cerebral EEG. They show that I have "focal slow wave activity ....abnormal EEG showing slowing of the basic rhythm which may indicate mild electrocerebral dysfunction". I read an article online entitled "The Emergence of a New Disease: Searching for a Diagnostic Marker and Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome in a Changing Society
    by Myra Preston, Ph.D.

Dr. Preston did research that showed that EEG results like mine were typical of CFIDS patients.

I wondered if anyone else has had this test and similar results.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  2. Abednego

Abednego New Member

But once your post is a few down the list it looks better to have a reply or two so people are more inclined to read it, so here's one.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thank you so much. That was very thoughtful of you. I love your name, by the way. Does that mean that you feel like you are "in the fire"? I feel that way sometimes...so you can call me Meshak. (lol)

Bless you,

Lolalee
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for your response Hayley.

My Neurologist does not believe in FMS. I didn't ask his opinion of CFIDS but it wouldn't surprise me if he felt the same way about it. I haven't discussed the results of the EEG with him yet. His nurse called me with the results and told me that everything was fine. I went and got a copy of the test for my files and when I read the results and saw the word "abnormal", I decided to do a little online research. I don't know if it's even worth it to ask my Neurologist about this. He'll probably say it's due to age or something.

Thanks again.

Lolalee

5. sascha

sascha Member

i have been suspecting brain changes because of how i feel. for a period, it seemed as though my brain were swollen--too large for my head. i had discomfort-pain continuously for some weeks. that feeling has subsided, but now i'm wondering if the 'brain fog' we experience also indicates such brain anomalies.

yesterday i was driving to a doctor appointment. it rained a bit, and i turned windshield wipers on. my son had advised new windshield wipers. i was thinking i need to make a car appointment. then i switched to thinking about what i wanted to ask doctor about. the first thing on my list was windshield wipers! sometimes you have to laugh. sascha
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Mine showed petit mal seizures, especially when I am extremely tired. That's how we found out I have epilipsy (ok, this spelling thing is really bad today!). I just didn't know that the seizures I have were seizures! Thought everyone had them!

He didn't say anything about slow brain waves, though.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!