Anyone Else Have Come And Go Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DRSter, Nov 24, 2005.

1. DRSter

DRSter New Member

I am just curious. Is it common to have symptoms come and go and change all the time.

I have only had these symptoms for about a year now, but mine move around from my legs to my chest, to my jaw and face. Headaches and the rest, and they vary quite a bit in how long they last. Some for only hours and some for several weeks. Occasionally I have a few days where nothing even hurts. Some days I'll have 2 or 3 things acting up at once.

I'm interested to know if this gets progressively worse, or if FM varys this much from person to person.

I believe it is genetic because my sister has had this for a few years now, and that is way to much of a coincidence.

Thank you for any comments!!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, that is nature of the disease. It is constantly changing. I think we can get progressively "better or worse" depending on how you take care of yourself.

For me, I had to eliminate as much stress as possible. Also, no alcohol, decrease sugar intake, lost weight, get as much rest as needed, also get daily exercise such as walking. (I do not mean exercising like at a gym).

The one thing you do not want to do is wind up in bed all the time, or lying on the couch all day. It is important to continue to get out of the house.

Find something relaxing for your brain - for me is is crocheting and doing "easy" crossword puzzles.

You cannot ignore this condition, it will force you down if you try.

I was very sick for over ten years. Today, I am 90% improved and for the most part, my pain is under control. At one time I was on opiates.

I now use a drug called Subutex and Extra Strength Tylenols if needed.

I do have Ultram but it seems to give me a headache so I rarely take it.

Take care
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Our weather is constantly changing and each change affects me in a different way. Yesterday was in the 50's today it's 70, tomorrow they predict 52, then 65,79,79,79,60, etc. It does this all winter, though not as many warm days as are predicted for fall. Go figure.....

And warm fronts cause my flares, not cold, though I hurt more if I get cold - if that makes sense.
  4. Moonshyne

Moonshyne New Member

Yepper... that's the nature of the beast! My symptoms also change with the weather... now that winter has arrived I'm having major flare ups of symptoms that hadn't bothered me in months. New ones appear sometimes as well.... I've also learned to stop bothering to tell my family doc of any new symptoms... as he just shakes his head and says: I don't know what to tell you..... Big help !

I have a rheumatologist appointment next month.. tho I'm not holdin' my breath on much help there either, as he is the only one in town who treats this and when I was first diagnosed 4 yrs ago... he did absolutely nothing for me then.. but he is the only option I have unless I could travel to Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Buffalo... which is next to impossible at this point! And since I've had enuff.. I'm desperate enuff to go see him again.... grrr...