Anyone else have dreams about not being able to keep up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onedaymagpie, Aug 7, 2006.

1. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I was wondering if others have these dreams.

I have these recurring dreams that come and go, but the theme is often that I have big heavy boots on and can't keep up with others, or move like I want, my feet are so heavy and weighed down, I move in slow motion, or I am wading though thick water trying to get somewhere but feeling pulled back and so tired / exhausted, or kind of like walking through quick sand.

Anyone?

Hugs, Mags
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

When I'm flaring I'm often sick in my dreams. I can't get away from it even when I sleep!!

Marta
  3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

It is always a relief to wake up!
  4. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

Pay close attention to the water and sand part of your dream. They are symbolic and do have meaning. They do have dream web sites that will give meaning to the "water and sand" part of your dream. It's pretty interesting.

I also feel like in my awake times that I am living in a dream. Does anyone get that feeling?
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

where I can no longer walk. I am going up the stairs and then my legs get heavier and heavier until I am finally having to drag myself by my arms to get up the steps. This usually happens when I am having legs pains.

And Yes, I do sometimes feel like I am in a dream when I am awake!!

And sometimes I can't remember if something really happened, or was it a dream?
  6. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

And Yes, I do sometimes feel like I am in a dream when I am awake!!

And sometimes I can't remember if something really happened, or was it a dream?

The below statements are from me, the above are from Molly:

I don't know why that is. I can't always remember either. It's very bizarre and sometimes frightning. Right now I am typing this and I feel so "out of my body" almost like I'm standing back. My head feels very foggy and I feel wired tired to the point I am shaky. Anyone else?
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I know what you are describing, I have had dreams where I just can't hardly run when I need to. A lot of times I am scared and when I try to run, I can't, it's kind of like I'm in real slow motion or something. So weird.

Kriket
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes, I do feel the way you describe at times. Like an out of body experience. I think it's a different type of brain fog. It's like I'm on auto pilot, not thinking about what I am doing, just doing.
  9. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Often when I have an appt. or something important to do I keep dreaming that I oversleep and have to spring out of bed and rush like crazy. The dream just keeps repeating over and over again and when I wake up (in plenty of time) I'm exhausted.

The other recurring dream (along these lines) is that I have to be somewhere (often in class - which was 40 years ago!) or to work, whatever. It's real important but I can't get past something, some chore - very often opening my combination locker or finding the key if it has a padlock.

I also sometimes have to think really hard and carefully to make sure something really happened or if it was a dream.

But I'm not sure that these are FM related and not something experienced by many people
  10. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Yes, I have these type dreams too. I dream that I am trying to walk, but my legs won't move, or trying to run, and legs won't move or they move very slow. Yes, they sometimes feel heavy too. It is weird, and frustrating too!!

Glad I am not the only one!

Dawn
  11. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

that others would have this type thing. Sometimes it is ilike I wearing big heavy boots that I can barely lift - very exhausting dreams .. . .

Mags
  12. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Most of my dreams involve trying to overcome obstacles. There seems to be a lot of frustration and fear in my dreams.

The most recurring dream is that I'm a student who has just realized that there is a course I've never attended and the final exam is about to take place. In a panic, I can't find the building where the course is being given and I run around, frantically, looking for the location.

My father used to have the same sort of dreams, so this may say more about my personality type than my health.