Anyone else have Endometriosis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellym, Nov 18, 2002.

1. kellym

kellym New Member

Just curious-there was an article in the Houston Chronicle recently about how women with endo are FAR more likely to also have CFS/FM and hypothyroidism (that's ME!!!). I just wanted to know if anyone else out there fit in this category. Thanks...
  2. kellym

kellym New Member

Just curious-there was an article in the Houston Chronicle recently about how women with endo are FAR more likely to also have CFS/FM and hypothyroidism (that's ME!!!). I just wanted to know if anyone else out there fit in this category. Thanks...
  3. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

If you type "endometriosis" in the message seach box at the top of the page you'll find lots of previous messages on this susbject. Here is a link to one of mine discribing the program used by the Endometriosis Assoc, who claim that endo is an autoimmune disease and recommend treating it as such:
    http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=126520&B=FM#126719
  4. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I just went to the Endometriosis Assoc.'s website to see if you can still get the articles I mentioned and it seems that they are now not available to anyone who is not a member. I know they are hard up for money, but it just doesn't seem right for this organization that claims to want to help suffers to be so exclusive.
    I did see where they did a study of their members who had endo and they found that,,,and I quote,,,,

Chronic fatigue syndrome was more than a hundred times more common than in the female U.S. population generally
    Hypothyroidism was 7 times more common
    Fibromyalgia was twice as common
    This study can be accessed at:
    http://www.endometriosisassn.org/inthenews.html
  5. kellym

kellym New Member

Thanks for responding. Sorry, I'm new to the board and didn't know that there were previous messages about it! The article you quoted sound EXACTLY like the one published in our newspaper. I posted the topic because I was interested in how many others of you had endo too, I guess I was trying to see for myself if the article was somewhat accurate.
  6. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I was diagnosed with having endo two years ago.. Year later I began the symptoms of fibro..

regards

Misty
  7. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi there - I had a total hysterectomy at 34 (my doctor had forgotten I had it, and I didn't even know what it was until I had severe pain). 5 years later I had more surgery to remove it and adhesions. I'm okay with that now, but have lots of other things afterwards: severe allergies, migraines, chronic pain syndrome, hypothryoidism, etc. I am hoping to find a decent doctor soon who will treat me for CFIDS, I know I have it, spent years in bed....Inform yourself. I had it in 1984 first and not much was known then, but I believe I had it before that when my first OB/GYN told me at 30 that I was getting older and had to expect some pain and change YIKES what a jerk he was...(my menses were becoming really bad, couldn't stand up without bleeding, etc.) Then I took myself to a more understanding doctor. Take care, BonBons
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Kelly:

I was diagnosed with endometriosis two and a half years ago, but realize now that I've had it since my early teens. I also have hypothyroidism (been taking thyroid for a couple of years now) and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in July of this year, but that, too, I believe I have had for quite awhile, but I believe the endo came first. I haven't been officially diagnosed with CFS, but with the extreme exhaustion I feel, I wouldn't be surprised if I have that, too. Yes, I also read that women with endo have a higher risk of developing other conditions like FMS and CFS.

I try to do the best I can and stay positive, but some days (like today) it's really hard.

Ellen
  9. kellym

kellym New Member

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity ya'll! I really think there is a link between all these immune disorders. If any of you live near Houston, TX, I just found the most wonderful CFS/FM doctor. Her name is Patricia Salvato and she's a God-send! She's been treating patients based on ATP, natural killer cells, and IgG levels for years and has had a lot of success. In fact, she wants me to start ATP injections once a week. So, I'll let ya'll know if they do any good.
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Endometriosis sufferer~I was DX with the Fibro first.Then a few years later the endo.Is'nt life grand!!If one were to look up either disease they'd see that both are chronic,painful conditions.Having both-I could'nt say which is worse?They both suck!!Oh well,and life goes on~
    Take care,and Welcome!!
    Tracey

[ advertisement ]