Anyone else have Joint problems related to FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erfula1, Mar 15, 2006.

1. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

The other day I went to get on my horse and I was already off the ground when my right knee popped and I thought I was going to black out. I had to get up on my horse cause I knew if I came back down on that leg then I would fall. I rode down to the bus stop to wait for my son and it started feeling better so I started to ride for a while but it just went to throbbing so I came back to the house and let my son ride. When I went to get off my horse my knee popped again and OOOUUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!

It is still stiff and every once in a while I'll step the wrong way and it hurts again. My wrists are very weak too and especially my left one if I lift something the wrong way it screams. Is this part of the FM? I know that I have arthritis in my lower back but I was checked for RA 2 years ago and was negative. If it is the FM is it like attacking my joints? I haven't read anything about it doing that. I've read about the muscle weakness which I definately have. My finger joints hurt all the time too. Especially now when I am typing. My fingers also swell and my ankles hurt and swell and even the bones in my feet hurt sometimes. I feel like I am falling apart!!!!
  2. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

If I stand for any length of time or move around for any length of time and then sit down my hips lock up when I get up and I have to hobble around until they loosen up. I do have carpal tunnel in both wrists.

Well I am gettig ready to go on the road. I have a load to deliver to California and then I'll be back for a day or two and then my partner has to take a week off so I'll run solo for a week till he comes back. I love truck driving but the hardest part is always leaving my family.
  3. jazzrat

jazzrat New Member

I'm early in finding out what I have but my shoulders, hips and knees are very painful and stiff, especially in the morning. Lots of snapping and popping going on.
    I happened to bump my shoulder this morning going down the hall and thought I was going to go down it hurt so bad.
    I'm still looking the the right health pro.
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you other than it seeems to help to stretch and maintain range of motion.
  4. achy

achy New Member

I knelt down on the floor to look at something and when I went to get up something happened to my knee.

The pain was so bad I had to fight not to pass out. I was crying in agony, I turned white & was sweating like a pig!!

I had to sit on a display...an employee wanted to call an ambulance...The pain was the worst I ever had.

Then, just as I thought I'd have to go to the ER the pain was gone.

FM? Joint Injury? Even the doc can't say...
    achy
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

The first place I feel it is in all my joints... I've had multiple surgeries(right knee 4 times, left knee once, right shoulder and left ankle). However when I start to get a flare all my joints start to hurt, espcially my knees, hips and shoulders. At the same time I get extreme muscle pain and fatigue which I link to the cause of the joint pain... You're not alone!
  6. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

It's nice to know that I am not alone in this. There are so many syptoms related to FM that I never know which is what. I plan on finding the right Dr when I get insurance. Thanks for sharing with me.

Stinker (cute name). Yes I'm from TN too and I drive a tractor trailer. It is neat to meet fellow trucker families. I look forward to getting to know you.

Well I was going to just leave and I told DH to let me check my messages one more time and I'm glad I did. This time I'm really heading out. I'm looking for a good deal on a laptop so I can take you guys with me!!!!