Anyone else have low body temperature

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, May 11, 2006.

1. maps

maps New Member

Since I have been sick my temperature stays at 97.4. I have so many digestive problems I have had to cut back on all my supplements. I know I read something a long time ago that the digestive system did not work well with low temperatures.

Anyone else have this problem. Would appreciate any input.

thanks
    maps
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

All ways in between 96 and 98.

Some times with the digestive problems but not always.

Jake
  3. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

Maps,
    Brrrrrr. Yes low always, usually around 97 but with the symptoms of an actual fever. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Small fluctuations in thyroid levels seem to impact us more than the average person.
    All the best.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My temp is usually slightly above 96 and has been for many years.

I have digestive issues so can hardly take anything too. I wanted to try a natural cholesterol lowerer. I would be interested to know if many of us also get high cholesterol despite a really healthy diet.

Love Anne C
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

That was such a miserable symptom, to be so darn cold all the time. And the odd time I was warm, I would get too warm, there rarely was a happy medium.

But this year my doc recommended Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder. it's a blend of 5 glands, and I quickly noticed a difference in how I felt and in the numbers on my thermoter coming up to normal. I also cured my horrible winter SAD w/ the glands, along w/ a light lamp I finally tried this year. Worked better than antidepressants ever had.

I don't even have to use the Dr. Wilson's brand, I can use a cheaper local straight adrenal, as long as I take dessicated liver too, the two are still cheaper. The Wilson's has thyroid and other glands too though, and most people have a combo adrenal/thyroid problem, it's rarely just one gland gone awry, so the Wilson's was a good kickstart when my glands were really shot.

Jeanne
  6. maps

maps New Member

Thank you for your replies, nice to know I am not alone, but sorry to hear you have it too.

I did have my thyroid checked a couple of years ago it was within the normal range but on the low side. My doc gave me pills maybe I should try them again.

Thanks
    maps
  7. maps

maps New Member

I went to this website

http://www.mall-net.com/mcs/coldbody.html#Obs

They seem to have a lot of info but I can't absorb it tonight too much brain fog.

Thanks to all

maps
  8. sept

sept New Member

I am almost 64 yrs old and my Mom told me I have always carried low temps off an on. In the past 20 yrs or so, I've logged each time my fatigue puts me flat....temp is low. Doc's don't seem to zoom in on info like this??
  9. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Mine is always around 96.8, instead of 98.6 and I crave salt also.......I'm always feeling hot from inside myself also...
  10. kel78

kel78 Member

My temp is usually in the 95s or 96s. I'll feel feverish if it gets as high as the 97s.

I'm almost always freezing and, sometimes, I'll be warm and cold at the same time!

Mary
  11. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Yup, my body temperature normally runs low as well. It tends to run in the mid to low 97 range. I also run low-grade fevers at least 2 times a week, and they range between 99 and 100. But being that my body temperature ranges lower, it feels like I have a high fever as soon as it hits 99. Ahhh, the strange symptoms we must endure.

The worst, however, is when I feel feverish but my body temperature is low instead of high. That always frustrates me, because I'm expecting to run a fever when I'm feeling so yucky. And then, I don't even have anything to show for why I feel so bad.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

...I have Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis so my basal body temperature is 96.7-97.2 this drove me crazy at first...now I just live with it.

I am on medication and temperature remains the same.

Here are a couple of articles you might be interested in.

http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/basal_body_temp.html

Good luck,

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  13. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

at times it will dip to 94.5 typically mine runs around 96.5 but when it hits 97.5 I feel almost feverish.

When my temp is 94.5 I am frozen to death.
  14. petsrme

petsrme Member

My regular temp runs in about the 95 range. When I hit 98 or 99 I am running a "fever" and feel fluish. I have always wondered about this.

I am a big true crime buff and love all the shows like CSI and documentaries on true crime. I have always wondered about the medical examiners saying that a person is guilty based on the temp of body at time it is found. It doesn't seem fair to convict someone on that when some of us have such low body temps since most medical examiners go by the normal temp of 98.6. That would surely throw off the "time of death" based on body temp. I have told my family to be sure to be aware of this if I ever pass away unexpectedly.

Has anyone else ever thought about this?
  15. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I thought it was just me. I get feeling like i am burning up with fever, or someone tells me I feel like i am burning up so I will take temp and is usually below 97. Once it was actually 96.4 and I thought it was just me. This is a relief to find out it might be one of those things that goes with fibro.
  16. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

96.4 - 98.0, only goes above with severe viral/bacterial illness.
  17. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Mine has been 97.6 for years and when I do reach that " Normal temp I have a fever. And when it is over 100 I am really sick.
    I totally understand this. I have been this way all my life and I am 50 . And I don't like cold weather as it just chills me to the bone and nothing seems to reach the ache from the cold in my bones, If my body could stand boiling water my bones would still feel cold. Fun HUH
    Rosemarie
  18. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

My "normal" temp is usually 97.6 and hubby's is 99.6 so you can imagine how that works out! LOL

I read somewhere that "normal" temp is really a range though and not necessarily always 98.6. Google it if you are interested.

I think it is a symptom also.

Sonya
  19. maps

maps New Member

Reading all your answers it does not look like this would be a major issue with digestion.

It was really interesting reading all the different responses. Thanks to everyone.

regards
    maps
  20. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I took my temperature every day for a fortnight before a medical examination - it was always low.