Anyone else have 'old ladies feet' or scales???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goingslowlycrazy, Apr 22, 2003.

1. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

OK - so as if the horrible toenail fungal infection and the blisters on the soles of my feet aren't enough - I have now started to develop 'reptilian' skin on the tops of my feet and my shins!
    The skin looks excessively dry with silvery scales - that is the only way I can describe it...I slosh tons of cream on them and it gets rid of it for an hour or two...but then as soon as the cream has fully soaked in, back come the scales.
    I also have very swollen, puffy ankles and my feet look like they belong to an eighty year old!!!! (No offence to eighty year olds - I know many who are much more sprightly than me......)
    Does anyone else have these 'reptile' feet and what can I do about them????????
    help!!!!!!!!
    hugs
    Mary x
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

Yes my feet are gauwd awful ugly! It's not enough to have the corns & bunions but I also sport the reptilian look. Icing on the cake though, is the hair on the toes (not a pretty sight)! haha.
    They do improve somewhat in the summer, lucky.
    A good foot soak helps.

2girls
  3. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

Wow, its good to know I am not the only one with this unsightly thing going on with my feet. I have tried many different things that only give a temporary respite and then its right back to dried and cracked. I will have to try some of the suggestions posted. Just wanted to mention that I read somewhere that if you have cracked skin on your feet that a polysporin ointment will help. I havent tried that yet but it might be worth it.

Gardengrow
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The Alpha hydroxy body creams are the best. I use either Adrianne Arpel's (Adrianne's products are sold under; 'Signature Club A' on HSN) or Marilyn Miglin's body creams. Either one can be bought on the Home Shopping Channel, or go to their website. I have been using both of these products for over 8 years now and they are the best!

If you use them every night for a week, the scales will be gone, then you can use it about three times a week. All those 'scales' is dead skin, but it sure looks ugly huh??

As for 'eighty year olds' I see some ladies in this country area that are that old or older, and I wish I had their energy!

Shalom, Shirl

5. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Just one.............the bottom of it gets blisters, then peels then just keeeps going through that cycle. I have lost 5 layers of skin on the bottom of my foot, according to the podiatrist. It hurts to walk. As lifedancer said, it is like I have lost the padding on the bottome of my foot. In order to walk, I have to use some type of pad to not feel as much pain. I use something that is used for burns and then rap it. But I have to thank lifedancer for the idea of the coconut oil. I bought some after her suggestion and have been using it every night. It feels great. Have also been using aloe gel, and tea tree oil and vitamin E. It is looking better than ever, but is still awful......I have hope.

I think Vit E. in addition to what others are suggestion would be very good for your skin Good luck.
  6. leokat

leokat New Member

Gee every time I come on here I seem to confess to some other bodily 'defect' or other. It is amazing how many symptoms we all seem to share though.

Does anyone know if alpha hydroxy creams are available in the UK?

I've tried vit E cream with some success (also on my face). There's a brand chapped feet cream that's good for when the skin chaps (doh) and gets painful that's very good too.