Anyone else have recurring scar tissue inflammation??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justlooking, Apr 17, 2006.

1. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Several times over the last few years my scar tissue has become inflamed. It isn't in one area or one scar it is every scar on my body and the scar tissue under the skin, all at the same time.
    I have small scars on my hands, arms, legs and then a large scar from C-sections and hernia operation.
    The inflammation is where it becomes red, itchy burning and sore, almost like sunburn feels.
    I've googled it several times over the last few months and I couldn't find anything on it and I keep forgetting to bring it up to my Dr during visits.
    So I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it could be???

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Sincerely
    JL
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

hoping someone can offer some insight =)
  3. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I am not sure if this relates to what you are having, but I will tell you of one experience I had.

Years ago I had some itching and redness where one of my surgical scars is. I went to the Doctor and it was a fungal infection.

He prescribed me some cream and soon it went away.

This is my experience.

Hope this helps!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Not sure what is going on with you, but there are many things you can do for inflammation. Are you taking any supplements like flax oil or Omega 3's & 6's. New Chapter makes a product called Zyflamend which is a mix of herbs. Also there are homeopathic remedies for inflamation that could be very helpful.

Hope this helps you,

Skierchik
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

thank you for your responses.

Futurehope,
    Unfortunately mine doesn't sound quite the same. with mine its like a flare up where every scar is effected at the same time, all over my body. None of the scar tissue is from recent surgeries or from recent injuries. Most are old battle wounds from growing up but I do have a large scar from 3 Csections and a hernia operation but they aren't recent events.
    But I thank you for sharing your information, I always tuck away everyones responses in my mental library cuz you never know when you'll need it.
    I'm also glad you were able to get it treated, Ihave had fungal infections before and they can be nasty. Mine were just on the skin though, and I was miserable from that, can't imagine having one on an open wound.

Skierchik,
    Thanks for the information on the natural anti-inflamatory. I'll write down your suggestion and might be able to treat it but first I'm hoping to find out what is causing it or what it is. It is a very weird thing. I was hoping someone might have the same issue, sometimes we all have these strange symptoms we don't discuss or don't think about and then someone posts it on here and we are like HEY, that happens to me too.

Maybe this will be one of those.
    Thank you both for taking the time to respond, I really do appreciate it.
    Sincerely
    JL

[This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]
  6. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Maybe if you do not get any more replies or answers here, just go ahead and see your Doctor.

It will give you peace of mind.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  7. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Thanks again for you response. I always forget to mention it to my Dr, forgot yesterday morning when I went DUH!!! I swear I need to write everything down and take it with me but then I'd forget my list at home LOL

Hopefully I'll remember next month, between my PCP and pain Dr appts maybe I'll remember to bring it up. It just seems like whenever I get to the Drs office all of the things I need to discuss I forget about until the ride home.

This is my lifestory............. forgetful, forgetful, forgetful.

Lots of thanks for the updated reply!
    Sincerely
    JL

[ advertisement ]