Anyone else have the flu?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Dec 4, 2006.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

My last doctors appt, they didnt have the flu shot in, so I didnt get one.
    It started with a sore throat about 2 days ago. Then I got the chills again. Fever, not wanting to eat, spots in my vision, more pain on top of the fibro pain, fatigue, and major dizziness.
    So far my blood sugars have been running great. Thats a first, usually when I have any illness, my blood sugars go haywire.
    Just wondering if anyone else had the flu. I pray not.
    God bless, Julie
    P.S. I am trying so hard to stay focused, so if this doesnt make sense, just over look it please.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

No, I don't have the flu, but I sure feel like it day in and day out!!!

I had a flu shot only once in my life, and it gave me a horrible case of the flu! No more flu shots for me.

TerryS
  3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Julie I am so sorry you have the flu. On top of FM it makes things so much worse. You keep warm and get better. Oh! and if it makes you feel better even if you would have got the flu shot, you would have probably caught the flu because it takes a couple weeks to be in your system to be affective.

My kids had the flu this weekend. Sore throat, congested, coughing. I caught the stuffy head and next day it was gone. I had my flu shot 3 weeks ago and I always have one. I will be getting my pnuemo shot also. As long as I have been in healthcare I have always had my shots.

It has always helped me to lesson anything going around. Thank goodness because my flares are bad enough without that.

My husband and kids are scheduled to get their shots this week. Like my husband said, "Eighteen dollars for the flu shot is better than missing a couple days work and losing 100.00 or more."

Take care & Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Coming out both ends last night and still not feeling to hot, LOL.

GBHope