Anyone else have their veins hurt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by s--raquel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

One of the strangest pains I have are in what feels like
    my veins of my hands, and sometimes the veins in my wrist and arm. I've actually had my hands,wrist,elbow hurt before, but this is different...the pain runs along my
    veins. No meds i've taken have helped.(ib,pain meds)

Dr. said he can't find any reason (or even think of any reason)this could be happening.

Just wondered if anyone else has pains like this??

s--raquel

P.S. I'm new to the board and have gotten so much great
    info in the short time i've been posting. THANKS
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

It's strange you mention that because I think I have pains in what I think are my veins too. Mine are usually in my forearms above my wrist tho I've had them other places too. I actually had these years before I developed my CFS symptoms. Mine normally don't last very long but then tend to re-occur for several days. I used to think I was having a clotting problem now I think they might be some kind of spasm.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Absolutely!!! I can't believe you posted this; Just when we think we have something that no one else has, they do.

My veins in my arms seem to hurt on the underside of my arms, mostly from the elbow down. Another thing is it looks like my veins are showing more or either are coming up closer to the top of my skin. I can't explain but I can see my veins that I used to.

It sounds as if your Dr. doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for posting this very unusual pain; that's 3 of us.....so far.

BlueSky555
  4. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

Look on the internet for vasulitis, I have similar problems too, and wouldn't mind betting this is my problem. Also get a petachaie rash, again read on this too, although this rash you can get with a lot of other conditions, and also lupus, which I suspect I may have as well as FM, Charlie

[ advertisement ]