Anyone Else Have This Crud With A Cough?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been coughing ever since returning from Atlanta just after Hurricane Wilma blew through here. It isn't unusual for hurricanes to kick up some nasty things and everywhere I go, people are coughing.

Yesterday, when I got up, I had a low fever, my face was red, my lymph nodes were swollen, I had a headache, and I felt lousy. I've started on the Famvir and am taking my Doxycycline to prevent bronchitis or any other secondary infection. If there are still any mycoplasma stragglers in my body, I don't want them to think they can make another assault on me.

I have an inhaler and am going to go use it as I can feel the fluid building on my lungs. This usually happens when I get a virus. I have to jump on these things early on in order to recouperate without bronchitis, asthma, or pneumonia.

I'll probaby be OK in a few days but I was just wondering whether this is a local thing from the hurricane or whether it's hitting other areas of the country.

Shirl is still having bronchial problems from Hurricane Katrina and her old Pit Bull has asthma. Please pray for them that they will get well.

Love, Mikie
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm in NY. and having alot of chest congestion/coughing!! It started as a sinus problem so my doc. put me on antibiotics. Into about the 5th day on my antibiotics I felt it go into my chest and I've had a cough since~
    I figured being on a antibiotic I could'nt get any secondary virus or whatever?? weird to me.

I'm still coughing alot and bringing up stuff with my hacking!! My stomach muscles hurt from coughing so much.
    I'm using vicks rub on my chest at night,and taking OTC cold meds. Oh,...headaches alot too.
    My sister in N. carolina is having the same symptoms.
    My only suggestion is to lay low and really rest for a couple days~
    Hope your feeling better soon :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. emiltim

emiltim New Member

We've got it here in Idaho too. My poor kids are hacking up a storm (among other things, eewww!). I have a sore throat now. I get laryngitis at least once a year. My kids, and co-workers love it! lol...

Take care, and get better soon,

-Julie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I guess this stuff is everywhere. I do think the hurricanes stir things up. Red Tide is awful. It was here for while and I can always tell when it's here. NP, I'm sending you a virtual wave. Hope you enjoy Fort Myers. I live out to the south of town in the newer area not too far from the beach.

For anyone who has a productive cough, I suggest seeing the doc.

Loved the bong thing. Thanks for the laugh.

Love, Mikie
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

that might be me.?
    but my crud is clear looking or cloudy at most.
    Nothing green or brown or ugly!! LOL

Just thick mucus, and over abundant!
    does that mean 'go to a dr too?'

I figure let it run its course.
    I think its been 2 weeks?
  6. auntcon

auntcon New Member

Even though that cough thing is all around (WV too) It could be just that time of the year -- leaves, dust, mold, turning on the furnace, VIRUSes BUT it takes us so long to get rid of anything and it sounds like you've got a lot to get rid of... ESPECIALLY since you've been exposed to more than usual.

Hope you feel better
    Connie
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi there! just wanted to let you all know that i suffer from bronchitis in the past and it seems every time i get a virus it goes strait to my lungs..I have found a great healer in eating raw broccolli it cleared me up ! I also have had alot of sputum with these colds and flu . now i munch on it a couple times a week !and knock on wood havent been sick again for a while. also these headaches that come with a high fever from bronchittis take a allerfed tab , i had a horrible high fever and headach last time and after suffering sooo much my husband gace me one of his allergy pills and finally much need sleep.hope this will help!mikie where can i get the doxcycline? is it a pill? thanks onna
  8. tcluna

tcluna New Member

YES in NY our whole family got a bacterial pnemonia!
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

september the last monday of it. fever the whole gambit.. so i was on my inhalers, and in the doctors...i thought after a couple of days i was better then bam it came back with vengence....

it takes me longer too heal because of no spleen,

but it took about a month and a half to two to fully recover..

i just went back in for my second pnuemovax. that was a killer, almost i should say...painful and nausua arm and armpit area hurt like the dickens...

in another ten years i get to look forward to another vaccination...

take care

jodie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think a lot of us are prone to bronchial problems. I think mine are a result of smoking when I was younger and living in Denver, where the air is cold, thin, dry, and polluted in the wintertime. I had asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, and pneumonia when I lived there.

I don't usually have those things here in FL, but when I get sick, they can come back very fast. I woke with a sinus headache this morning. I used some Neo-Synephrine to open up the sinuses and washed them out by snorting my homemade saline solution to break up the crud.

Oona, Doxycycline is an Rx antibiotic. When I get sick, if I'm running a fever, I take it more as a preventive measure like some people do before visiting the dentist. I was on Doxy for 2 1/2 years for a mycoplasma infection and even though it appears that it is cleared up, there may be some stragglers which will attempt to attack and thrive when I get run down. The antiviral med is to keep Herpes Family Viruses from reactivating when I'm run down.

Experience says that if I don't do these things, I will get very sick. The inhaler helps keep the fluid from collecting on my lungs.

This has been going on for weeks but only this last week have I been sick. Before that, it was just fatigue and a dry cough.

Take care of yourselves, my friends. Sometimes, these things come and go and hit us more than once before we recover. The timing sucks with the holiday season just down the road.

Love, Mikie