ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROB......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayfrey, Oct 22, 2002.

1. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

HI!
    Lately I have noticed that when I stand for ANY length of time(that means for just 5 minutes) that I hurt really, really bad. My back, the muscles in my chest, my stomach it all just seems to ache, well ache really isn't the word, it just hurts like hell and I really can't describe the feeling.

Does anyone else experience this or anything like it?

Thanks!
    Kayfrey
  2. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

HI!
    Lately I have noticed that when I stand for ANY length of time(that means for just 5 minutes) that I hurt really, really bad. My back, the muscles in my chest, my stomach it all just seems to ache, well ache really isn't the word, it just hurts like hell and I really can't describe the feeling.

Does anyone else experience this or anything like it?

Thanks!
    Kayfrey
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Yes and it is a bummer, isn't it! Lil'
  4. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

Are you a doctor? I would imagine that there is more than just one dx and opinion.
  5. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

Thanks!
    I hope mine doesn't get that bad, I feel for you. I just really noticed it about 2 weeks ago. I imagine in time it will worsen, but I hope not. Does yours come and go or just come?

Thanks again!
    Kayfrey
  6. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

I take Loratab for pain and I also use Klonapin at night for my restless legs. I started about a month ago on magniesum and calcium but have gotton no results.

What about you?

I have also been in a flare up with my costocondritis. Actually I think I am just in a bad flare period!! I have to have a colonoscopy on Friday. I am dreading that.[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2002]
  7. sybil

sybil New Member

but that happened before i had FM because i also have osteoarthritis in my upper spine area.have you had Xrays on your spine,because it maybe worth checking out,just in case it isn't all down to FMS,good luck!

sybilxxx
  8. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Oh my gosh Yes!!!!!! I also experience the pain you describe and I too cannot totally describe the PAIN! My lower back, chest muscles and my stomach especially just below the breast bone hurts just after standing a short amount of time- sometime it feels as if I can't breathe!What have you found that relieves any or all of this hell of a nightmare???
    Debbie
  9. tes

tes New Member

I am exactly the same. My chest and just below my breasts hurts like HELL. It's not only when I'm standing but sitting as well. I have had this pain now for 3 months straight. It just won't go away. Does anyone have any suggestions to relieve the pain?

Tes

10. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

But mine seems to be getting better gradually. If you are taking magnesium, calcium, etc. ... I was told that it takes sometimes three to six months or better for it to start making a goodly difference. I believe that to be true with alot of supps. It is not usually the quick fix that prescribed meds seem to give.

Hope you feel improvement soon!
  11. murillomod

murillomod New Member

My husband has also complained about his legs and arms giving out also,he has fell 5 times in 3 days,he is now using a cane. He says that he just looses his strenth in them. I took him to the doctor today and the doc wants him to see a psychiatist! I really do not understand these doctors.
  12. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

Yes, all the symptoms get worse the longer I have been on my feet! Fatigue, pain, mood, everything just gets worse. And, if I have done too much walking (like at a mall) the post exertional fatigue really gets me later. in the summer I can ride a bike with less trouble afterwards than if I walk.
    Wonder what that means?
  13. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I have pains inside my legs that are unbareble when I try to stand for more than a few minutes - it also happens in my arms if I use them for more than a few minutes. It is so hard to describe and I am really not sure where it is originating from. It feels like I am imploding! Like a crushing weight is on me and I will crumble to the ground any minute! The pain is so awful! I feel so weak like I am made of rice paper. Sometimes I can stand long enough to make dinner - most times I lay on the couch and watch TV. It's impossible to go anyplace where I have to stand for more than a few minutes. I think it might be lymph nodes - lymphatic vessels, but not sure. Maybe neurological? God how I wish someone would help us figure this stuff out. I wish medicine was like on Star Trek - the doc could just wave a techno thingy over you and find out exactly what was wrong!

Love,

Sharon L
  14. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

I take Loratab and if I didn't have some type of pain medication I don't know what I would do!!! I wish I new what this was, I guess It is just one of the lovely things to look forward to with this DD.

Thanks for answering me!!

Kayfrey
  15. dlizard

dlizard New Member

repetetively.... if I stand it hurts to sit and if I sit it hurts to stand! LOL>>>> I have found balance to be key in mangement but its hard to maintain!!!! Good luck!
  16. dizzymindy67

dizzymindy67 Guest

ive never heard it put better!!!!!!!
  17. kadywill

kadywill New Member

when I stand, which I do for at least 6 1/2 of my 8 hour day at work.....on hard floors...........misery! I have to lean on my med cart and "bow" my back; you know what I mean? To take the curve out for awhile. The worst thing for me, besides squatting is to just bend SLIGHTLY over a patient to start an IV or to catheterize them or to put a dressing on a decubitus, etc. Just that LITTLE bend forward does me in completely and it locks up my muscles in a horrible spasm. I actually have tears in my eyes from this. I have to stand so much during the day that I think this is what caused my problems necessitating the MRI. I don't know if you read my post about those results, but I am POSITIVE that my job partially caused my back problems. I have never been in an accident or anything that caused acute back pain...never! I know it is a combination of these things: increased weight, standing on hard floors for hours, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, pushing, lack of abdominal muscle tone, decrease in exercise, STRESS, age......oh well.
    Love,
    Kady
  18. phenom

phenom New Member

everyone else has pretty much said everything - but i haven't been on the boards for a week due to a dead computer! (RIP) so i'll just say, yep i get that too - i can't stand for any period of time - and yep it sux!

phenom
  19. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Kayfrey - what wonderful support - yes we all have the same situation. A few things I can suggest which worked somewhat for me - is your mattress a good support - keep your heating pad out in the open, plugged and use it for 5 minute rests. I also found that a long waist band girdle helped my rib cage and lower back alot - I do not do vacuuming, ironing, or laundry without it. If too hot in your State - a good support velco wide belt helps alot - can be purchased in an drug store. When you relieve this strain a bit - it helps you overall. As Red Green says, keep a smile on our faces, we are all in this together.
  20. pam_d

pam_d New Member

For the past several years, standing is a killer. Walking, not near so much of a problem. But standing, within 5 minutes, I am miserable. I have sat on the floor in a crowded airport, just to minimize the time standing---the getting up & down is actually easier than continuous standing....

Pam