anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Jul 12, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi fellow FMer's, or CFSer's.

Ok, I've only had this FM (that I know of) for 2 years now. And, I'm convinced from my experience that it is a progressive thing.

Over the past month I've had more trouble with cognitive stuff. It's getting to where it's really scaring and concerning me a lot. I've been submitting the wrong assignments in my online class, and forgetting other things that I either read or have been told several times. I'm only glad at this point that I am not making errors like this at work (that I know of) because most of the work I do is what gets funding.

It's like that at home, also. Someone will tell me something, and I'll go back and ask them the same thing several times! I'm really getting concerned, worried that I will be disabled in the years to come based on my mental capacity.
    Anybody else have this problem? If so, what do you do???

loto
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Loto - I don't know how old you are, however, I went through a stage like that where sometimes it felt like I had lost my mind I was becoming so forgetful. It turns out for me it was perimenopause that was the problem. Since going on Progesterone Cream my mind functions much better now. I'm still not as sharp as I was back in my 20s thanks to CFS, however, I'm no longer trying to put the kettle in the fridge and the jug of milk in the microwave.

I have a friend who is also going through this right now and her daughter gets so upset when her mom asks a question three or four times and still can't remember what she was told two minutes later.
  3. loto

loto Member

I had blood tests to check all that a few months ago, and my gyno said I'm not there, yet. I just turned 41 last month.
    Hmmmm, so how do you use the progesterone cream? I know I could just look it up, but I like to hear stuff from people who use it.

thanks!

loto
  4. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

Right before I got CFS 5 years ago I had a huge mercury detox. I wasn't trying to detox mercury and I'm not sure what caused it--I was taking minerals which might have displaced the mercury and I had been pregnant I few months before that if that may have had something to do with it. I knew it was mercury because I was seeing a naturopath/nutritionist at the time and when I told him the symptoms he ordered a heavy metals test and it was positive.

While the mercury detox was going on, I was having huge cognition and memory problems, so bad that I would forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence. After the detox I was left with fairly bad cognition and memory problems. It's better now though I still have the problems just not as severe but I can't give you one thing that worked because I did a bunch of things. If I had to point to a couple of things that helped the most I'd say omega 3s and especially fixing my thyroid.

But it still gets pretty bad when my hormones are out of whack or if I'm really tired.