ANyone else have this strange symptom???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

This sounds really bizarre, and if I tried to describe it to a doctor, I am sure he would look at me like I am crazy, but>>>>>

Sometimes when I am laying in bed, it feels like my airway is obstructed, like I am not getting any oxygen. Sometimes, when I reposition myself, it goes away.

When I wake up feeling like this, I feel really miserable, like totally out of it, and feel really really drowsy.

In fact, I usually feel worse if I lay down during the day, feel oxygen deprived.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But I have had some throat issues with FMS and what I found to be helpful is a contour memory foam pillow...it seems to get my airway feeling more open because my neck is positioned more normally than on a regular pillow. At times I just stack the memory foam one on top of my regular pillow to elevate my head a bit more..and that can help as well.
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I have sleep apnea and of I don't use my cpap machine I'll awake with my air completely cut off. I have to swallow a time or two before I can breath again.

I suppose this could happen too if I would get really relaxed laying down even if I didn't go to sleep.

I don't know if this is what is happening to you, but it's a good possibly.

If this sound like you, you need to get a sleep study done, so you can be treated.

Barb
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Empower:

How about a sleep study?

Just a suggestion.

They even hook you up around the mouth area.

nyrofan
  5. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

Get a sleep test done asap!!!!! Sounds like you need a Cpap machine to sleep with. I was having the same problem and had a sleep test done. Now I don't go any where with out my Cpap machine. It helped the drowsy feeling and the pain in my legs to go away. My doc. told me that I have fat that falls into the airway when i lay down and the machine forces air into my airway where the fat can not fall. Whatever it is I am soooooo glad I have the machine.
  6. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

I had it happen while sleeping and it was obst,my air way.
    I actually stop breathing and it happened a few times awake but more sleeping.

I have sleep apnea, and they cover your nose not your mouth because they want you to breath out your nose.

At first it's hard,scary and made me, panic because it is blowing air in your nose and it feels as if some one is suffercation you.

One fits like the oxygen mask in the hospital the big plastic one that fits all over your mouth but this doesn't cover your mouth it just looks that way.

The other is simular to the one they put in your nose with the little prongs.

You know how you hold your head out the window of the car when you were a kid and you mom are dad were driving that feeling.

Now when you relax and breath slow and easy and they have it adjusted properly it's ok, if you yawn it makes you gasp for air depending on you how slow are fast they have the air coming out ,It takes some getting ust to.

They say i stop breathing 66 times in the 12 hour of my studie.When she came out to show me how to work my machine she said the man she just left had stop 136 times during his study.

LOL hope this helps you might need to talk to your doc he just might not think your so crazy after all.