Anyone else have to nap?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Mar 9, 2011.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I noticed a while back if I dont have at least one nap a day, I hurt really bad by the next day.

I did too much yesterday, and didnt rest, today I feel like I am dying or something. I took a pain pill over an hour and 15 minutes ago, and its barely working.

Anyone else do the same thing?

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Iam finding more and more the nap thing is required. Even if I dont sleep. think theres an article on here about this from Dr. Cheney.

Key to yesterday was not so much no nap you over did it! I did the same thing last fri. (went to my gkids program & dinner). been down ever since in pain off the charts.

3. jole

jole Member

If I pace well, I can manage to skip naps occasionally. However, if I overdo it takes a week to get back to 'normal'. For instance, I have to divide a room into at least two parts when I vaccuum. Sometimes I get by resting an hour in between. Other times I can only do half a room in a day, but never the entire room or the week is shot.

I think some of us also have CFS with our fibro, which definitely causes the postexertional fatigue to be much worse than those without the CFS. If it's just pain from overdoing, it's probably just from overdoing with the fibro. Either way, it's sure not fun...........Jole
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I live for my naps. If I'm off of work and something else is keeping me from a nap - or even the possibility or choice of taking a nap, I'm ticked off.

I absolutely have to lay down and just relax if not sleep. Sometimes for me sleeping a short amount of time is worse than not sleeping at all. It's always been that way for me. I will wake up achier unless I get at least an hour of sleep.

I just don't sleep well at night, so my body needs to make up for it some time.
  5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I usually have to have at least one, if not two or three, naps a day. I'll collapse if I don't. Sometimes I feel a little better afterwards, and sometimes I don't...