Anyone else have to write your goals for 2006 at work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Jan 27, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I spend the whole morning writing out a recap of my involvement, accomplishments and improvements for 2005, then had to state my 2006 goals, how I would like to assit the team, what I can do to improve efficiency, timeliness and accuracy, what projects interest me the most and what areas of continuing education I would like to take part in. MY GOODNESS!
    Do other companies require this? Am I supposed to do this on my own time? It took 3 1/2 hours. Also, we are so busy that there is no time for continuing education and I have never been offered which project I wanted, they have always just been given to me. "This is your next project".
    Now my body is aching, my lower and upper back are killing me. I guess I was stressing about it, wondering how I was going keep up and dying to say how I really feel. "This job is too much for me and by the grace of God ONLY am I still working here!"
    So, I need to lay down and rest. Let me know if this is a common practice and what your experiences have been in this regard.
    Thanks so much, Nanna
  2. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I have always asked for something similar from my staff, but NOT on their own time. It always helped me help them get to where they wanted to go professionally as well as helped us jointly evaluate their progress.

But, you can't do it without the company or department's goals already spelled out for you - or you'll have no idea what target you're shooting at.

So relax and believe it's a good thing to help your boss by putting down how to help you...even if they've never asked you before, it seems like a positive step. Just stay really positive and upbeat in your presentation!

((Hugs))
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2006]
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

For 2003-2004 I had to do one of those.

The company I worked for always made a big deal about "If it wasn't part of your job description - then you do not have the time for it."

There was 4 pages to fill out in total, and a 'comments' section for improvising.

The front of my booklet I wrote "Please refer to comments". And then in my comments section it read "As per strict company policy, this was not in my job description and therefore is a complete waste of my time."

My manager actually tried to write me up for this, but when it was taken to HR they said I was simply reinterating my job duties.

Didn't even get so much as a slap on the wrist for that one.

~Amanda
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2006]
  4. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Nanna, Yes we get the same thing EVERY REVIEW PERIOD !!