Anyone else having ear problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Amethyst77, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

my ears always seem to be itching and burning, I can take antibiotics and it gets some better and then comes right back.

Have been using peroxide on a q-tip several times a day every day for a couple of months now, it keeps it from becoming a full blown ear infection, and the swelling down,
    but would like for it to be healed of course.

I barely make my absolutely necessary doctor app. just getting a bath some days is next to impossible and would rather not have to add another doctor to my list.

does anyone have any answers? and does this come with either Fibro or CFS?

Tammy
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

You can also lie on your side and pour the hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Leave it until it stops bubbling. This would probably be more effective than putting a little in with a q-tip. I read to do it "at least once a week", so I don't think you should do it several time a day.

You can use a solution of 1/2 hydrogen peroxide & 1/2 water for a mouthwash and gargle. Don't swallow it and rinse with water afterwards.
  3. achesandpains

achesandpains New Member

i have fms have loads of different things to put up with but i have not suffered from my ears, lets just hope thats not another problem im going to face
    keep smiling
    gina
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

I cant beleive it I have that problem also and pain all over mmy face If I take anti biotics it clears up then about a week later it comes back
    I thought it wa just me.

claire
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

If I open my mouth wide ( like a yawn) both ears have a popping noise inside. I use they peroxide about once a month too...still get it, but I had it before the FMS started?

jmq
  6. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

PROBLEMS WITH EARS! big time every year from Oct--March.

all the time right now it`s been 3 wks since both ear drums

raptured it happen around 3a.m.my husband rush me to the

e.r. all they did was clean my ears with peroxdide and

told me to go and see my Dr. in the morning and i`ll go

and see him and same story every time meds for i week

and i`ll go for a month of feeling like i`m under water

and then they pop by them self,,i`ve had this problem

all my life ,,i thought i would out grow it ,but it seems

to me it`s worse,,my Rhuem? the Dr. said it was part

of the fibromyglia,, have they said anything to you

that it could be part fibro?

well take care,,gmom,,,
  7. Amethyst77

Amethyst77 New Member

I wish I did have answers to give everyone but I am just perplexed as everyone else.

no one has told me it came with the fibro or the CFS, one doctor suggested it could be due to the jaw condition.. making my face swell etc and my ear hurt, but I didn't fully have time to discuss what I have been through with it, I will say that the peroxide does a pretty good job of keeping it tamed to anyone that could use that information.

gmom, it sounds like you need some tupes in your ears, I am no doctor but I can't or don't know why they haven't suggested it, one of the doctors that gave me an antibiotic also said it looked like one of my ear drums had been ruptured. (I might have done that with one of my q-tips, they can be dangerous lol, if you forget you have it stuck in your ear and answer the phone) geez, I give fibro a bad name.

Jam, the hearing loss, going death, OMG what kind of medicine was she taking, I certainly don't want to make that mistake!! and as far as I know.. I don't have a hearing problem, if the dog barks to close to me or certain noises can almost send me through the ceiling.

Tammy

P.S. Gina, hopefully this is one of them you won't get we get alot of the same problems but not always a like seems we are all different with alot of similarities, and some stick around awhile and then just leave, at one time, my family had to leave one bathroom available for me at all times because my bladder was going wild, I have no clue why but it just stopped, go figure this is the weirdest DD I have ever witnessed.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]