anyone else having problems breathing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, May 24, 2003.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

I having a big problem breathing.My stomach feels so full + hard. It has awakened me three times in the nite gasping for breath. It makes me afraid to go to bed.! I am having an ultrasound done on my gall bladder next week end.Acid reflux has given me a hoarse voice. My biggest fear is ending up in a nursing home where no one is aware of my pain, such as the end of the spine where I had my tail bone removed. I have visited nursing homes where they tie people in their wheel chairs so they can be out of bed + not get bed sores.I am 75 so you can see why this concerns me.Sorry to ramble on so long but have kept this worry to myself until now.When you are in so much pain a nursing home scares me to death!!!!! clueless
  2. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

of thing sounds like me. I have heart failure and it is really hard to breathe lying down. How is your heart? Are you sure!? Do your feet and ankles swell? See the doc, hon. N
  3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

If possible please see a good geriatiric physician. They are sometimes more understanding of these fears.
    You are in my prayers.
    You may very well have gallbladder trouble, it sounds a lot like what I went through and the good news is , that can be fixed :)
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

When I was dealing with 2 herniated discs last winter, along with advanced degenerative disc disease and ankylosing spondilytis, I was constantly worrying about someday being in a home and the aides leaving my lieing on my back, which is impossibly painful for me with my condition. I don't know why those thoughts came up, but they did. I would only get relief from the pain when I laid on my side. I understand your fears and maybe you should either speak with a close relative about this, or put it in writing where it will be sure to be found if anything happens to you and you are unable to communicate.

(I can lay on my back now, but when a disc flares up, that is out of the question.)

Marilyn :)
  5. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I do not believe it is panic or anxiety elated though. It comes and goes. When I am experiencing this feeling it can get very intense. I have been dealing with it on and off for 15 years...
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

If you are sensing a hard stomach, could that not put pressure on your diaphragm.

Since Feb 28, I have been having breathing, chest problems. (I have to leave in a moment, so please feel free to search with my name and the chest posts will come up.) You will find I have gone through a series of testing, but the end result so far seems to be I did, in fact, injure my diaphragm and it has been playing havoc.

So I am thinking, say you have stomach gas, expanding and taking up lots of room, your diaphragm might not have room enough to complete its contracting/retracting cycle. This would give a sensation of shortness of breath. If your gallbladder rules out, might this be something to think about?????

I can't believe what I have had to go through, 57 and braless just for starters :) Something I did not do in the 60's.

Let us know how you do, fondly, June