Anyone else having the worst spring ever? Winter was bad but.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, May 30, 2009.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I thought winter was bad enough but OMG spring is killing me. I have FM and arthritis and the pain is so bad now that it has begun to warm up. I had high hopes of feeling better with the coming of spring but it is just the opposite.

Is anyone else doing this?

My joints are so bad and my pain level is SO high that 20 mg Percocette at a time is not helping much, and I am only allowed 4 a day, Either 2 at once or 1 - 4 times a day.

I don't think my doctor knows pain can be this bad, I ask him had he ever slammed his thumb in a car door. Then imagine your entire body feels this way.

Now that it is spring I have been told to make an appt. I am afraid he is going to lower my dose since he thinks I should be feeling better.

If my pain lever gets much worse I can't stand it.

What to do when I talk to him?
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I live in Michigan...we have had a lot of rainy weather and that really up the pain level. I am going to make an appointment to talk to my doctor. I have to have something for this breakthrough pain!!

I would just tell your doctor that the wet, rainy weather drives your pain up and in those cases your pain medication is not helping.

Hang in there, hoping that we will have some warmer weather soon!
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

You read my mind! I was going to post on this very subject!

I cant figure out what is going on. Like you usually spring is when I feel better and after a brutal winter was looking forward to it.

This year I just want to curl up and never move. Im doing less than in winter. Pain is crazy. Heat just knocks me over. so now i guess come rain or shine or cold or nothing Im going to hurt and have no life.

hope you feel better and just tell doc the rain is really getting to your joints(that burning meat grinder thing). Actually with this dd its the whole body
  4. Achyten

Achyten New Member

I"ve also been having a painful spring.... even worse than I was this winter.
    I"m going through a transition,,, getting off of cymbalta, and onto Paxil.
    I"m down to 30mgs of cymbalta,, and just started on 10mgs of paxil.
    Maybe the cymbalta was helping me more than I'd realized too.
    But,, I am going to give the Paxil a chance,,,and if I get worse I"ll be back on cymballta.

I went and fell too,,,hurt my whole right side,, so that doesn't help matters.
    But I was depressed and in pain before that,,,,don't know whats up with this spring thing
    going on either... i'm usually getting some better come spring. Spring has been such a long drawn out process here.

I hope you feel better soon,,,each day I wake up, I hope I feel better,,, but by midday, i'm so played out,,in pain i'm ready to go back to bed,,,and I always get up around 10 am,, or even later,,,not that i'm sleeping,,but I take my pain pill before i get up every morning. I think I spend most of my time in bed....i'm always ready for bed by 8pm, since I"ve gotten worse.
    I never get anything done,,, with such a short day. Housework has been put off for too long,, I need someone to come clean my house for sure.

I wish we could talk to each other, ms blue.... Misery loves company,,,and we could discuss our symptoms.... Be nice eh?

Please take care,,,,lots of hugs, Achyten
  5. Achyten

Achyten New Member

I also have arthritis too...maybe thats the culprit,,, you think?
    Hugsssss, achyten
  6. Achyten

Achyten New Member

I also have arthritis too...maybe thats the culprit,,, you think?
    Hugsssss, achyten
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

We could meet in a chat room if we could get our time schedules together. I live in WA state USA and so I am on Pacific time. Where are you? We can get out times together and chat.

Are we still allowed to exchange email addys in there?

By the way to those that mentioned rain, I am in the sunny side of WA and we don't get much rain ever. It almost like desert. I think the large low pressure off the Pacific Ocean and coming down from Canada are my two culprits. Then the rain does come to the mountains behind us even if it does not reach us.

NO, I have not taken antidepressants and don't really need them so prefer not to begin.
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm finding that it almost doesn't matter what time of year it is anymore.

Before your Doc even mentions or hints of lowering your dose,(if he does), I'd tell him how awful you feel, how this horrific pain is effecting your daily life. You might even say you'd hope you'd feel better once the weather got nicer, but no.

Also tell him what you said here - if your pain level gets much worse, you won't know what to do. You can't stand it as it is.

He may "think" you should be feeling better, but you're not. How is he with pain meds? Would he be willing to discuss a long acting med, then use the Percocet for breakthrough?
  9. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I guess you would say that he is. He tried me on time release morphone a few months back, of course he wanted to take away my Perc. I had an allergic reaction to morphine so that is out.

What med could one take with Percocette for breakthrough pain? What do other combine if they take Perc? Ultram does nothing for my pain, I have it on hand for lesser pain days but it does nothing so it sits here.

He upped me from 5/325 to 10/325 Perc when I couldn't take the morphine. I think there are higher doses of Perc. I don't want the /325 up as that tylonol does not do anything. I am afraid to ask for more Perc for 2 three times a day I don't want him to think I am addicted which I am not.

If I could have 2 three time a day I think that would pretty much keep me at a minimal pain leverl.

10. Oh yes, its been damp and rainy for quite awhile here and my body feels it, it always has for yrs. I hate this dd. So far no pain med really helps me.
  11. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Asking for your meds on a different schedule (2, 3x/day) shouldn't make him think you're addicted, but that your pain levels have changed or that your current dose isn't working as well anymore. I had to make that change as well.

With Percocet, since it's a oxycodone "product'', oxycontin would make the most sense for a long acting med. It made such a huge difference for me, I can't even tell you. A long acting med was the first thing all of my Dr's suggested.

You would take the oxycontin and use the Perc for breakthrough. Don't let him take away your percocet - or have him agree that if the oxycontin (or whatever you decide on) isn't working on it's own, that he'll prescribe the Perc for breakthrough. My doctor and I always do the "let's try this, if it doesn't work well, we'll tweak" I always say "could we try..." or "what do you think about..."

VERY normal for most of us to need some changes in our meds/doses etc. at times. It is no indication of addiction at all. Remember that and you won't feel that way when you're talking to him.

do you have an appt coming up? I'd make one to talk to him about your pain levels.
    Let us know what he/you come up with!
  12. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have to have an appt this month before next refills. I am going to talk to him, but I think he does not beleive we hurt this bad. He says he believes there is FM but admits he doens't know much about it. Hard to tell someone like this how much pain you are in.