Anyone else here wide awake at 4am (my time)? Why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowaMorningGlory, Nov 27, 2006.

1. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Hey everyone. I see there were others up besides me. Wondering what some of the reasons were that we were all up?

Mine I believe, not sure, maybe that I started Cymbalta today.

Let me know some of the reasons you may be up? FM symptoms, drug reactions, etc.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I live in Europe and that's why I'm awake at different times. What's 4:00am your time is probably 10 or 11:00 my time in the morning. There's quite a few of us over here and on the boards at any given time.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

I was awake too. I finally dropped and laid down for a couple of hours yesterday which may have thrown me off, but I was dozing off right in my chair so not laying down wasn't an option. I had to get up at 6am to get my daughter up and she overslept which is partly my fault, so I had to take her down to the bus stop and here I am up again. Less than 3 hours sleep, I don't know if I should attempt a nap today - only earlier in the day.
  4. IowaMorningGlory

Nancy B.
    You live in Europe, whereabouts do you live? 10 or 11 your time is just about my nap time. (Tee hee) Nice to meet you Nancy B.
    :)

Chris3251,
    It is so hard to not take naps sometimes. When the eyes get so heavy no matter what you do they go closed I figure it is my body telling me what I need. I think sometimes I ignor it all to often. I hope sleep goes better for you today. Nice to meet you too Chris. :)

I am hoping for a short nap today, but I did also take my cymbalts this morning. I will see if it works better that way.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Stuttgart Germany and have for almost 4 years now. Love it!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Ever since we changed our clocks (most ridiculous ritual still happening), I can't stay awake past 8PM; then my two wakeup calls are at lAM & 4AM.

Don't mind the 1AM as I can take my sleeping pill, but the 4AM is too late, and so I just lay there.

Our sleep issues are such a mystery........

Drives us c - r - a - z - y!!!

LIGHT************carole
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Laurie,
    Well, I'm not in Iowa, but I was awake most of the night, and have been for at least a week.

With me, I think it's CFIDS. I tend to drop off to sleep early in the evening, for about an hour. Then I wake up around 9:00 or 10:00, and am awake for several hours.

Of course, it doesn't help when my dog is going through some strange thing that has upset her schedule, and she comes to wake me up to go out, again, at midnight.

The funny thing is, that I almost never am drowsy. I just "wake up". I think that this is from CFIDS. also. I have to be very careful not to get into a recliner in the evening, or I'm done for.

Hope it evens out for you,
    Peace,
    Terry
  8. Boo3

Boo3 New Member

hellooo and man can i relate to all of uu...
    i hardly sleep at all...that chronic fatigue is "tiring" me out..lol
    last nite was i up and down all nite mabe dozing for a total of an hour..and here i am wide awake...
    i have tried lunesta ( that metalic taste make me soo yukkk) and then doc put me on another ( gzz cant even think....starts with R)..
    i think i am having a FOG today...lol for a laugh tis is what i did toda.. i caught myself taking my breakfast bowl down hall to bathroom instead of kitchen...
    gooood grief...LOL i hope ur smiling :) i have to laf better than crying..lol

any ways heres to all the bright eyed and wide awake ppl here..
    hope each of u are having a good day...and feeling ok.

tc and keep smiling :)

9. IowaMorningGlory

YA WE ALL NEED SOME SLEEP. :) I really didn't expect this many replies. I guess it says a lot for sleeping problems among us.

Prickles
    You know I rally think that may have something to do with it. I think getting my cortisol levels checked at my next dr. appt. ws a good idea. I will let you know how that goes. Because your right not sleeping at night is no fun, for either of us. :)

-ouch-
    It is nice to have the house to myself. I get things done I wouldn't get done if everyone were up and in my way. Ya, and I get to watch what I want to on TV. :)

Nancy B.
    Stuttgart, Germany. My son is in his second year of German. Actually he does very well and speaks it around the house. Our foster son is in his third year, so they talk together and no one else knows what they are saying. In their fourth year they get to go to Germany for a couple weeks.

Carole
    That is me. I can go to sleep, I just don't stay sleeping. Last night after waking up four times I gave up and 2:30am!

haleycole
    Great article! That fits me to a "t". I am going to do some more research on this. Thank you so very much, I had never heard of this before now
    The light idea is something I try to do because I knew that already worked for me. Unfortunately my husband is a cave dweller and likes it dark. I tell him dark means it is time for bed. Hmmmm all along I was right. That doesn't happen often. :)

Terry
    A week--you definitely need some sleep! Oh! I know that dog wanting out. I have one that will come over to where I am sleeping and put his cold nose on mine to let me know he wants out at 3am.

boo3
    Yup that darn fibro fog! Last week I tried pouring my coffee in a cereal bowl out of the cupboard. (reached in totally the wrong place!) :)

Thank you one and all. I really didn't expect this many posts. I think there are a lot more than us that have trouble at night. I know I seen a few others throughout the night pop in an out like me on the message boards.

I hope we all got something out of this post. Haleycoles information was quite good.

I thank you all and all of you take care,
    Blessed Be & kitten hugs,
    Laurie
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I just want to thank you for resonding to those that answered your post. It is such a gracious and thoughtful thing to do.

Lots of time the originator of a post doesn't say anything. Your resonses really make this seem more of a "human" thing, and establish a connection. I really appreciate that.
    Terry
  11. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

and i usually have slight Asthma problems with it.
    funny thing is , that if i sleep only four hours at a time, meaning i get up and than sleep again later, i have less fatigue and muscle weakness-pain, than when i sleep the night through.
    i dont think this is a night rhythem thing with me, but more an oxygen asthma problem.

but insomenia is a feature of cfids, so most of us have troubles with it in one way of another.
    maybe a central nervous system problem???brain......

karina