Anyone else on Olive Leaf Extract ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatPalmer, Feb 22, 2003.

1. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I have mentioned this product several times and know a few of you are giving it a try ie. Ozgran, 2girls,& CelticLadee.

I am wondering how many are giving this a go and is it working for you ?

This stuff claims to kill ALL viral and bacterial growth, which includes Candida (a common and huge problem for many.)
    So for those badly afflicted, it could take a while before you feel any benefit.
    My Daughter, who has Mycoplasma pneumoniae took this for a month last year, felt worse at first then improved no end, overdid things and relapsed.
    We both caught horrible colds this month which completely wiped us out. My daughter was on the verge of bronchitis.
    She and I have both been on OLE for 10 days and are feeling much better already.
    The OLE gave me quite a headache at first but we both have more energy. My daughter who has had CFS for 3 1/2 yrs is exercising some on her gravity walker and hasn`t done that in a long time.

Be nice to hear good and bad reports.

Love Pat.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2003]
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Yes,I see the other thread now, I even replied to it - forgot.

I see you are on the same brand as I am by Solgar, how many were you taking?

If it had that effect, it must have been working, how about taking just one every few days to start with, shows you are quite bad, poor thing....

Pat.
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Yes you need the break, glad it helped you sleep better though.
    My daughter was also hyper sensitive when at her worst, to light, sound, smell - everything, just a complete nightmare. (you have Mycoplasma Pneumoniae too)?

Look forward to hearing you are on the mend in a month or two, gonna take a little time by the sound of your reaction.

Lots of love & soft hugs

Pat.
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Not sure whether to abandon this thread and post on the other, but here now.
    I`m interested that you are on the liquid form, not seen it here in England. Must work just the same I s`pose.

Sounds like you could be going through herx, and depending on how bad you are, it can take a while, you won`t wake up one day feeling loads better, it`s very gradual when you suddenly realise you are doing more than before, I was fine yesterday, yet am wiped out today, had a 2hr sleep this afternoon. So it can be a bit 2 forward one back at times. I`m on 3 capsules a day by Solgar at the moment.

Hoping that this is the solution to your illness, keep us posted.

Love Pat.
  5. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Pat,

It has been about 3 weeks (maybe 4?) on the OLE. I have been feeling really bad since Friday - diarria(sp?), major sensory overload, fog, fatique, also been getting fever off and on. Not sure if I am herxing (up to 3 OLE/day), or if it's a flare. Will keep you posted.
    Glad to hear you and your daughter are feeling better! Great news,

2girls
  6. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Well now, I will finish my 1st bottle of 60 capsules tomorrow. I have been taking 3 a day except weekends I don't take any. I feel my body needs a break by then. I had a fairly strong reaction the first week. I was burning and aching all over. The day I took 4 capsules was just too much so went back to 3. I did have times of well being and energy the 2nd & 3rd week so I know it is helping. I fought a cold virus for a week during the 3rd week and had quite an upset but pulled out of it. Anyway, by the end of each week the burning and aching is becoming less with time. This week has been a hormone roller coaster so I have been fighting the period related headaches, etc. Lots of brain swelling. Started taking B12 spray yesterday & I had quite a reaction to it. My head cleared up & I also had an energy burst. I had a wonderful day. I went shopping for an hour and when I got home I vacuumed and washed my car. I could've kept going but knew better not too. Stopped and took my nap. Today I am sick. Quite a contrast. More hormones I guess & maybe paying for yesterday a bit. Tomorrow I will start back on the OLE and the burning and aching will start again but by the mid to end of the week it seems to let up some now. I don't want my body to get use to it so I decided not to take it every day. I don't know if this is an effective way to pulsate it or not. Does anyone have any comments on pulsating OLE? I would be interested to hear your viewpoints on this. Thanks.
  7. kaths

kaths New Member

Pat,

Thanks for your original thread on OLE. I herxed for three days on one OLE, calmed down and have slowly worked my way up to six a day. (I have CFIDS) I have much more energy to teach my morning college classes and even some left over in the early afternoon -- which is a great improvement for me. Yesterday, I woke up feeling as if I was coming down with a cold, took my six OLEs and feel fine now.

OLE is great stuff!

Kathy
  8. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

for your posts.

My computer decided to die on 23rd, and has now thankfully been fixed, have missed this site very much.

I am really glad to hear that the OLE seems to be working on the whole, I think depending on the severity of your illness, the worse the herx (reaction).

I think you are all right in listening to yourself, and taking the OLE as it suites you. I have decided to try taking it for 3 months this time, as the little critters hide in your cells ie Red Blood Cells, and show themselves later rather than sooner.

Please keep me posted, great to hear from you.

Love Pat.