Anyone else on Wellbutrin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Nov 24, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Mikie recently made me aware of the "fine print" in the packaging "product information" of wellbutrin...he mentioned wellbutrin is recommended for short term use only.
    Sure enough after I dug out one of the inserts it says
    "effectivness of long term use, more than 6 weeks, has not been evaluated in trials" YIKES!!

I've been on this stuff for about 2 years! What is up with these Doctors????????? I guess I'm just as bad, I should have been aware of this myself.

Anyone else taking wellbutrin for an extended period??
    Have you heard anything about short or long term use?
    I will find out more about this next Monday and let ya'all
    know what I find out!

Thanks Mikie,
    Susan

Susan
  2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Mikie recently made me aware of the "fine print" in the packaging "product information" of wellbutrin...he mentioned wellbutrin is recommended for short term use only.
    Sure enough after I dug out one of the inserts it says
    "effectivness of long term use, more than 6 weeks, has not been evaluated in trials" YIKES!!

I've been on this stuff for about 2 years! What is up with these Doctors????????? I guess I'm just as bad, I should have been aware of this myself.

Anyone else taking wellbutrin for an extended period??
    Have you heard anything about short or long term use?
    I will find out more about this next Monday and let ya'all
    know what I find out!

Thanks Mikie,
    Susan

Susan
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That it is unsafe, just that they don't know that it is safe for long-term use.

Benzos are not recommended for long-term use either, but I have been taking Klonopin for about a year without problems.

Love, Mikie
  4. monom

monom Member

I have been taking it for 1 1/2 years,if you find some info

please let us know.

Thank you

Monom