Anyone else on Zanaflex for migraines?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaths, Dec 2, 2002.

1. kaths

kaths New Member

I have CFS, and my doctor is now trying Zanaflex as a preventative for my daily migraines. I started at 1 mg and am up to 4 mg now. Still no change. He says I can go up to 8 mg, but I'm slowly building up since I'm so sensitive to meds. Eleven months of acupuncture have not helped; it sometimes makes the headache worse, so my practitioner stays away from my forehead and temples. Naprosyn twice a day worked for a while. Feverfew, B-2 and magnesium no longer work. What works for you guys?

Kathy
  2. kaths

kaths New Member

I have CFS, and my doctor is now trying Zanaflex as a preventative for my daily migraines. I started at 1 mg and am up to 4 mg now. Still no change. He says I can go up to 8 mg, but I'm slowly building up since I'm so sensitive to meds. Eleven months of acupuncture have not helped; it sometimes makes the headache worse, so my practitioner stays away from my forehead and temples. Naprosyn twice a day worked for a while. Feverfew, B-2 and magnesium no longer work. What works for you guys?

Kathy
  3. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

Hi Kathy,
    I had suffered for years and seemingly nothing worked but sleeping and staying in the dark. Sound familiar?
    My Doctor gave some samples of "MAXALT MLT "
    If you wake up with a headache take one immediately, they disolve on your tonge and work great. I usually try to go back to sleep for another hour or two and when I wake up---NO MORE MIGRAINE! Also a muscle relaxant called Soma may in combination with Maxalt be the extra little something to help you relax and sleep for an extra hour.
    One small problem Maxalt MLT or the chemical name,
    Rizatriptan Benzoate, are very expensive.
    See if your Doctor has any samples first and if not have the DOC write you a script for just a couple just to see if it works for you. It only takes one for me, and (poof) GONE. Good Luck, I hope they work for you!!!!! :)
    dndoriginal

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2002]