Anyone else out there losing weight with fibro/cmp?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mini4Me, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I've lost 10 pounds in the last year because I've been in so much pain (it makes me nausiated). I seem to have lost interest in eating, especially if I have to prepare my own meals. It's all too much work, going to the grocery store, figuring out the recipe, putting it all together, and by then I'm too exhausted and in too much pain to eat!

If I had a personal chef, I'm sure I'd be able to eat more. Could it be the depression? Or have others out there lost weight from these diseases?

I am 56 years old, a former athlete, was always trim and fit, but really can't affort to be losing weight.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Mini
  2. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hi Mini,

We're in the same boat. I have lost 8 lbs. this year due to the DD. That's alot since I wasn't very big to start with.

I think that for me anxiety from lack of sleep is a big problem. I'm also having pain, but sleep deprivation seems to be my biggest issue right now.

Are you sleeping enough?

Yours, Lil
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

yes me to i have CFS,FMS,IBS,SYGRENS SYNDROME,ASTHMA,ALLERGIES,MYOFACIAL PAIN SYNDROME,MIGRAINES,RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME,IM LIGHT INTOLERANT & IVE JUST BEEN DX WITH OSTEOARTHRITIS.
    i HAVE 40 ILLNESSES ALL TOGETHER.
    I dont sleep im always so tired & im in serious pain ive never been as ill as i am now.
    Its bad enough being so tired then theres the crippling pain & i really hate that so much.
    I am way to tired to eat & im to tired to make anything.
    Im so sick of being in crippling agony.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

When I was still working I was so stressed and tired that I dropped a lot of weight but now that I am on disability I wish I could.

Eating seems to be the only thing that I am good at anymore. It actually seems to make me feel better for a while.

hugs Marion
  5. koala_kristy

koala_kristy New Member

Losing weight!! Yea I wish.Since my fibromyalgia/cfs I have gained 80 lbs. Since going to the CHRONIC FATIGUE AND FIBROMYALGIA clinic I have been able to lose about 12 lbs.I had lost a little more but I keep gaining and losing. I think it is due to thyroid,insulin resistance,and trying to balance out my hormone levels.

Good luck to you. Try to keep things nutricious but simple.

Kristina
  6. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

at first. Well I had been diagnosed for about 3 yrs before a major flare made me worthless. The flare put me in bed for a year where I too was unable to eat due to fatigue pain etc and I lost about 15-20 pounds. But I have been basically in bed constantly now for 2 1/1 years and I have regained most of what I had lost from inactivity and some reduction on pain which has given me an appetite...especially for chocolate....and other sweets..I guess they give me a quick sugar high. Take care everyone.
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm also wondering if the meds they put us on mess with our metabolism and appetite? I swear, I only eat because I know I'll die if I don't. It's easier to drink liquids for some reason. I like v8 and I also make smoothies with fresh fruit. But where am I going to get my protein?

Maybe I can get some protein shake mix at the health food store?

Thanks,
    Mini
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i lost weight (and looked ill).
    someone asked if i was anorexic. i hate it.
  9. I personally have gained I think partly because of less movement. So I am with Kristina unfortunately.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I wish too! I gained.
  11. luvnewcomb

luvnewcomb New Member

When I first got sick I gained about 20 pounds in 2 years. Now all of a sudden, since about March, I've lost 25 pounds for no reason at all.

Not that I'm complaining. I still would like to lose another 10 - 15. I, like Mini4Me am nausiated most of the time and really can't eat much before I feel as if I'm going to be sick.

I also think part of it is that I just can't cook anymore due to it making me feel worse.

I just received a catalog in the mail the other day which is a menu catalog. You order your meals already made and in that shrink wrap stuff and drop them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Whalla ! A dinner quickly, easily, and without the cooking smells that make my headaches and migraines worse.

I plan to order from them next week for a few days worth of meals and try it. They have low fat, low carb, regular meals, and all varieties of dinners. Beef, lamb, seafood, pastas, etc.

Hope this helps you.
  12. LoisYung

LoisYung New Member

I lost a whole bunch of weight at first when I was going to a holistic doc who gave me so many supplements that I had diarrhea and nausea all the time.

Then when things finally settled down, I went back to my normal weight plus 30 to 35 lbs. and am now overweight!! I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and am losing very, very little.

Does anyone know which meds make you gain weight???

Thank you. Lois