Anyone else out there tonight that can't sleep...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Feb 11, 2006.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

It is nearly two am here and once again I can't sleep. Almost every night around one am I wake up like someone has slapped me and I have to get out of bed. I try taking a couple of muscle relaxers and sometimes they help and sometimes not. I have crazy dreams that keep me from sleeping soundly when I am sleeping and then I am wide awake. I used to have trouble sleeping from the pain but then I started taking the Methotrexate which has eased my pain tremendously but not I can't sleep again. I just wondered if anyone else has this problem.
    Stinker56
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

....I got off from work at 12:15 and usually can't go to sleep until 6:00 or so. I take muscle relaxers too and like you some times they work/sometimes they don't.

It 3:34 am here in WV and snowing like crazy!! Where are you? Is is snowing? I just love winter but the cold does make me hurt.

Karen
  3. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Sometimes I don't know how many more years I can take of it.

At times I feel like I may go completely of my rocker from not sleeping soundly, crazy dreams, constant awakening, and plain old sleep depravation.

Thank God for this board in the middle of the night!

**LdyM
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i can't ever sleep. no matter what i do i'm up until 4am every night. i'm interested to hear more about how the methotrexate worked for you. i never heared of that. but as far as insomnia goes it's just part of the routine with this dd.
    rachel
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

had a really bad night last night and when i did sleep i had a bad dream that was so violent i was punching and scrapping with my poor husband...apparantly i only just missed his head and hit him smack in the shoulder.

my amitriptyline works for months and months and then all of a sudden its no longer good enough..now i am on 50mg and i told my gp i dont want to have an even higher dosage.
    i dont know what im going to do now :(
  6. gigio

gigio New Member

Its about 4am here and I am awake as usual. Usually I get my only deep sleep between about 4 and 8am. Tonight I woke up because my ears are killing me. Is that FMS? I have had chronic sinus and ear trouble all my life....

Thanks for listening

Gigi
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Sorry to hear I am not alone in not sleeping. The muscle relaxers finally kicked in and I went to sleep for a few hours. When I do that and then get up, it takes me a couple of hours to be able to function and that is frustrating too.
    I live in Tennessee and yes it is snowing like crazy here. We got a couple of inches night before last and then last night we got a few more and it is still snowing. I thought winter was about over but I believe it is just now starting. Things had been so mild here all winter until now.
    Yes I think the weather has a definite effect on my health. My joints are achey and swollen more than usual and I am so "draggy" I can barely do anything but sit in the recliner. I seem much worse when the sun doesn't shine also. Anyone else have that problem?
    Hope everyone has a better day today.
    Stinker56