anyone else seem constantly dehydrated?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by patchwork, Apr 1, 2003.

1. patchwork

patchwork New Member

Although I drinks loads of water my skin is always dried out and doesn't spring back when pinched, especially on my hands. Also I have palpitations which improve a lot after a glass of water but come back after a few minutes. Don't thgink I can drink any more water than I do? Any thoughts anyone???
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I have the same problem. I've chalked up to the winter months, having the heat on, and the kind of water I have. I too drink tons of water daily. My solution: use a humidifier in the living room and in the bedroom. I've heard that you can have a whole house humidifier installed on your HVAC system (I don't have one, so that's out for me). I have gone from very hot showers to mildly hot showers. I always put on moisturizer directly out of the shower and again in the evening before bed.

It seems to have helped some, but not completely. I think some of it has to do with getting older (I'm 40). Lisa
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

These can be symptoms of hypothyroidism which is common with us. Talk to you doc about this. Even if you test in the "normal" range, if you have symptoms, a little thyroid may improve things for you. It did for me.

Love, Mikie
  4. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I have this problem too. My mouth feels dry alot also. My skin is so parched looking. I notice it the most on my hands -it makes them look so old. I am trying to not take long showers so my skin doesnt dry out even more. I tested negative for Sjodrens or however it is spelled -so I know it is not that. I guess all we can do is continue drinking alot of water. This goes along with the post from the other day someone started on dental problems. I think those of us with these problems are also having dental problems also. I dont think being on allergy meds help either. I also have palpatations -mostly at night and it wakes me up.

Gardengrow
  5. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I get dehydrated BIG time. Ended up in the hosp last year for going without for 45 bloomin minutes! I carry a water bottle EVERYWHERE!

Copper
  6. jka

jka New Member

i'm thirsty all the time. i just can't seem to drink enough.i carry a water bottle with me at all times. i'm not sure way this happens.
    good luck
    kathy c
  7. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I posted a dehydration formula that you can figure out from your bloodwork the other day (just a couple of days ago). I am always thirsty, drink TONS of water and crave salt on everything I eat . . . this was not the case with any of this before I became sick with CFS. In our illnesses there are effects on the blood like hypercoagulation and I've also read that we become dehydrated and it affects our blood volume . . . Terri
  8. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I often thought if our water supply is affected with all this war stuff, just don`t know what I would do. I would rather be tourchered than be without my water. Skin is still dry and live in humid country.
  9. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I can't go without lip gloss. I am addicted! I thought it was just silly but when I tried to go without I found my lips actually dried and cracked. Anyone else have this?