Anyone else start with TEETH problems when CFS got bad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Strawberry94, May 8, 2006.

1. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

Anyone else have their teeth start to suddenly really go bad when CFS got bad?

I don't have gund disease but my teeth are just crumbling, like a time bomb went off or something. I am only 37, I did not expect this so early in my life.

I went to age 17 before I even had cavities.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Strawberry 94:
    I have been having much dental work lately. The discouraging part is that I no sooner fix the right side and then start on the left side. The right breaks off in about a year and then I fix it again and the left side falls out. This is with three different dentists just to see if one was goofing up. I went for a visit three weeks ago and the one visit was $3190. I do not have a dental plan, so am stuck with the bill and he gave me a proposal of working on the other side again, but that would double my bill.

Is it CFS related. Beats me. I will wait for responses right along with you.

nyrofan
  3. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

That is interesting that you bring petrochemicals up. I use all natural products in my home as much as I can control. I can't control what my husband choose to use, I can suggest but can't tell him not to use stuff. I also live in an apartment situation, lots of cross ventilation from other balconies and gosh on the weekends, the air is just thick with that horrid fabric softener sheet scent.

I use only seventh generation laundry detergent and dish soap. Cal Ben pure hand soap. Natural lavendar/lemon/rose oil for scent.

Gosh whenever I get into contact with chemicals, I can really tell the difference. I try to eat as much organic food as I can afford.

Crumbling teeth in dreams is supposed to be a common theme. I am into dream interpertation. My friend has the teeth falling out or crumbling DREAM all the time. OK this is what the dream books say, not a personal comment from me: Some say it is a warning not talk too much OR a sign that the person feels your support system in life is weak. Who knows, maybe crumbling teeth is a fear that everyone has.

I just know that I don't need this dental work now in my life. It is hard enough just getting through the normal day for me. [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Am 48 and have never had a cavity, root canal, nothing. Did have one abcess about 5 years ago, dentist said I would need a root canal and that the tooth would die. Neither of those happened, yet.

BUT,,,someone mentioned their teeth crumbling. That is a recurring dream for me for at least 10 years. In the dream, my teeth literally crumble in my mouth like a bunch of Saltine crackers, and I have to pfew, plah, pflew to get the crumbles out. I always think it is some sort of prophetic dream, expecting someday that my teeth will crumble like that.

The only dental work I had was around age 22 when I had 4 wisdom teeth removed under General Anesthesia in the hospital. (No room for them, and 2 uppers were growing out sideways causing sores on my cheeks). That was my first experience with General Anesthesia, and Sodium Pentathol. I always said that from that day forward, ALL my problems started. They had actually started earlier, but I was not treating and symptoms or even impaired by them.

Literally woke from anesthesia SOBBING for hours. Don't know why, Startd having anxiety and waking in sleep gasping for air, was holding my breath. (Sodium pentathol paralyzes) Had HORRIBLE buzzing sensation in neck going down arms, as if plugged into electric socket. Lasted for over 6 months. Had the sensations of numbness yet pain, swelling, weakness all over, shortness of breath. EVERYTHING went right to HELL starting with that day and keeps getting worse. I always thought something happened to trigger this.

Years later, when reading about Pesticides, particularly Organophosphates, I read that Sodium Pentathol POTENTIATES ORGANOPHOSPHATES. Bingo. No wonder. I had SIGNIFICANT pesticide exposure (read my BIO). And Organophosphates are about the worst class of pesticides, that affect the Nervous System, and production of energy. They are used in household FLEA treatments, Head Lice Treatments, Termite and Ant killers, and tons of other applications. Chlorpyrifos were just banned in Augst 2005 for use in Pre-Construction Termite Treatments. If you have any of these in your home you are continually exposing yourself and your family.

I really got off on a tangent, all over a simple question about teeth. Sorry, There is NO topic I am more passionate about that Pesticide use. They cause so much sickness and disability. Enough said.
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have always had problems with my teeth. It has gotten worse since my dx. I wonder if we are so fatigued that we don't spend as much time taking care of them as we should.

Just a thought.

God Bless.
  6. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I have had problems with my teeth. I have had them crumble as you have said too. I am only 34 years old. I have brushes and flossed regularly but to no evail. I had several break during my pregnancies, especially in the back.

My dentist said he thinks I have spent years GRINDING my teeth from dealing with the pain from Fm and CFS. I rinse with flouride daily. He also gave me a mouth piece to wear, especially at night. I have to admit, I am not good about wearing it. I have several bridges and crowns due to this.

I have a dentist that is patient and helpful. Good luck.

jenni
  7. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I learned yrs. ago that I grind my teeth while I sleep.I do have a mouth splint but the damage has been done.My top front teeth are REALLY short and jagged.I no longer have any enamel left on them.
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Do you have a lot of silver fillings? We think our son has/had mercury poisoning which helped cause his CFS. We had all of his fillings replaced last October and are still paying for that! It's hard to tell, but I think it's helping to lessen his fatigue- plus his teeth look nice!