Anyone else suffered from anything like this???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Oct 7, 2002.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

(re-post, as noone answered)
    I have hit 12 weeks in this pregnancy & was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have chronic monring/all day sickness like with my last 3 pregnancies.
    Oh boy was I wrong. Two days ago I got a hiddeous miagraine that wont go away & I have a really sore (to touch) tummy. Everything that goes in wants to come straight back out, I can't stand the smell of ANYTHING, & the WORST thing of all. Everytime I have a bout of nausea or dry retch I have really bad heart palpitations. Seriously it felt like I was having a heart attack!
    I mean thunk...........THUNK thunk thunk thunk.... thunk....thunk & then it does it over again NUMEROUS times!!! I thought I was going to pass out the other night & was SO SCARED :( Wasn't pleasant that it happened EVERY time I went to be sick & that was ALOT. I also have reflux & that is aggravating BOTH conditions. I can't win!
    My doc told me that the heart & my stomach run on the same nerve? path, so unfortunately every time I go to throw I feel like I'm having a heart attack. NOT pleasant.
    there's nothing that can be done about it :(
    This is so WEIRD. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
    My neck & my back are on fire, so my guess is that I am having a cfs/fms flare up & it has triggered the pregnancy symptoms, as they have started VERY late.

Lease
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

(re-post, as noone answered)
    I have hit 12 weeks in this pregnancy & was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have chronic monring/all day sickness like with my last 3 pregnancies.
    Oh boy was I wrong. Two days ago I got a hiddeous miagraine that wont go away & I have a really sore (to touch) tummy. Everything that goes in wants to come straight back out, I can't stand the smell of ANYTHING, & the WORST thing of all. Everytime I have a bout of nausea or dry retch I have really bad heart palpitations. Seriously it felt like I was having a heart attack!
    I mean thunk...........THUNK thunk thunk thunk.... thunk....thunk & then it does it over again NUMEROUS times!!! I thought I was going to pass out the other night & was SO SCARED :( Wasn't pleasant that it happened EVERY time I went to be sick & that was ALOT. I also have reflux & that is aggravating BOTH conditions. I can't win!
    My doc told me that the heart & my stomach run on the same nerve? path, so unfortunately every time I go to throw I feel like I'm having a heart attack. NOT pleasant.
    there's nothing that can be done about it :(
    This is so WEIRD. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
    My neck & my back are on fire, so my guess is that I am having a cfs/fms flare up & it has triggered the pregnancy symptoms, as they have started VERY late.

Lease
  3. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

but i have always been told if your pregnant belly is tender to touch..then something is NOT right.
    in my case, i would start bleeding badly just walking 10 feet..was on complete bedrest from about 3 months on...(5th pregnancy). my belly was very tender, so tender i couldnt wear anything, not even undies because of the pain.
    if i were you, i would demand a ultrasound to rule out placental abruption or placenta previa, which is what i ended up having. you could have an internal infection too...make the doc give you every test known to man and do not stop till they do something!
    rest, and please be careful!
    keep us posted.

God bless you and baby!!
    inpain3
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

for your answer. I have no bleeding, no temperature & no signs of infection. Thankyou again & I will mention it to my doctor.

Lease
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I have definitely had flu with severe vomiting where I experienced the heart palpitations you describe. And they seemed to last beyond the immediate illness, too, sometimes two or three weeks later I was still having some heartbeat irregularities. Your doc may be right in his theory about the heart & stomach on the same nerve path. I'm hoping your second and third tri-mesters are easier & you feel stronger soon-- and the nausea is over. Good luck & feel better!

Pam
  6. sarah

sarah New Member

I've had lots of nausea, admittedly not while pregnant, but a homoeopathic remedy I found always cures it. I have heard that hom remedies can help with morning sickness as well. It's difficult to get the right remedy sometimes I know, but the one I found was brilliant. It may be worth ringing up a homoeopathic pharmacy. They would only prescribe remedies safe in pregnancy. Remedies often treat lots of symptoms at once so you might find one that does it for the heart thing also. love Sarah.
  7. motg

motg New Member

please pleas go and tell your DR. that you have tummy tenderness. Also If you can not keep any food down for more then a week. I was not able to keep food down and my DR. gave me something to help. Also warm tea and plain toast seamed to help. I hope that you are fealing better soon.
    Barb

[ advertisement ]