Anyone else taking kadian?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krysta, Apr 25, 2003.

1. krysta

krysta New Member

I have been taking kadian 100mg2x day, since Jan. I was previously taking methadone total of 100mg a day. I have noticed a big difference since I switched. The main thing is that I am not able to sleep as well on kadian, and it doesn't work as well on my pain. I have explained this to my Dr, but he is a firm believer in this med. I don't know if there is a big difference in the 2 meds.

I would like to know if anyone is on this, and if so , how is it working for you,, I also take vioxx, and use lidoderm patches.

Thanks
    KrYsTa
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help with your meds, but your post is going to the next page, hopefully the evening crowd can help, so am just replying to give you a bump back to the top of the board!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Kadian is a time released form of Morphine. I tried it but it knocked me out for 30 hours. I switched to the MSIR short acting form of Morphine and it worked great for my pain. It also made me sleepy, but I do not believe I slept as well while on it. I also take Klonopin which helps with sleep.

I no longer need the Morphine because of the Klonopin and the Guai treatment, but I think it is a good choice for pain.

Love, Mikie
  4. krysta

krysta New Member

I appreciate the info, I have been taking vioxx for 2 months,, and no it doesn't help with the pain, but it does make me sick at my stomach.

Thanks
    krysta