Anyone else tuned into the CFSAC ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misskoji, Oct 28, 2009.

1. misskoji

misskoji Member

I can't help but wonder who is there in the audience they keep showing. Should be an interesting videocast today.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2009]
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

My player keeps timing out and I'm missing large segments here. I was really looking forward to Dr. Peterson talk too!
  3. misskoji

misskoji Member

Oh, how he deserved that standing ovation! Thank you Zero.dip for recording and making it available to us later! I'm in tears after Dr. Peterson's presentation.

Live virus found in samples frozen for 25 years, that's very significant.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

I am watching the webcast, why is that guy falling asleep?
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I slept through Peterson. He was on at 7 am my time. :( I couldn't fall asleep until 4am or so.

Can anyone write out what else he said and your impressions of him, etc...?

Hi Misskoji, aren't you the one that started this thread last time?

6. hensue

hensue New Member

They are trying to get a telephone line to work for people that are calling in.
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

very sorry that I could not get up early enough to see him - but someone (I think Denis) said yesterday that archive videos of this meeting will be available on the hhs website sometime (maybe weeks?) after the meeting.

8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Yes it will be archived but I think it takes them weeks to do it? And last time you had to watch it on a tiny screen. :(

Oooh reconvening. yay.

9. denis321

denis321 New Member

and he is a good, concise speaker.

For people not able to watch live due to dial-up, the archived videos might work better as live-streaming needs a higher Internet speed.

10. misskoji

misskoji Member

Are all others having this problem? My hopes are with so many of us watching we're crashing the servers. :)

Teejkay, I didn't start the discussion thread last time, I did contribute very little. I crashed very early on in the videocast and couldn't continue watching. Not that it's foolproof, but I rested a few days before today so that I could handle more, if not all of it today. I just wish it would stop timing out on me.[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2009]
  11. denis321

denis321 New Member

but that doesn't mean other people aren't. Two of my friends are. Yeah, it would be great if we are crashing the servers.

I do hope that zero and others are able to put it on Youtube as that makes it even more accessible.
  12. hensue

hensue New Member

Some of them with green t shirts on are cfs sufferers except there was a doctor who has the Pandora blog she did not have the t shirt on.

There was one guy who called in whose english wasnt the best. I have yet to understand what he was saying.

Maybe other people will comment It starts back at 2.05.

I had to update my real player so it would work right.
  13. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

If it times out every other minute, go to:

Tools> Preferences > Connection >

and put both the Connection & server Time out numbers to 300

that worked for me
  14. misskoji

misskoji Member

I am trying that and hopefully it will work. A few other forums people report having the same problem.
  15. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I may have to try that. So far my entire computer has been crashed during almost all of what I was able to be up for. :(

I hope someone does upload this to utube that would be great.

16. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

17. denis321

denis321 New Member

If you are able to get the videocast running, next to the Realplayer icon in the left-upper-hand window part, click on 'File', there is a choice to 'record' into the 'library' file of Realplayer - ends up in your computer files. I just saw this so I don't know if it really works.
  18. onset1990

onset1990 Member

about to talk to the office of blood safety (in the CDC, i presume)

They are getting his voice mail... will have him speak later

19. onset1990

onset1990 Member

When the committee members speak, primarily the women who is chairing this meeting, it reminds me of all the government meetings I went to for 20 years. So much talk to say so little!

Also, I hear the same things I used to hear about how "next fall" we could perhaps figure out a way to get better results on these recommendations. I am paraphrasing. But we are sick NOW. Some of have been sick for decades. By next fall, we will be that much more beleaguered by this illness.

Well people can sit and say things like "next year" or "we are receptive to working with you". To them that means progress. To me that means, crap, nothing is going to happen in my lifetime. Sorry to be so cynical but I have been in govt meetings all my life. Wheels turn very slowly this way!
  20. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

But I kept getting a message saying "you cannot watch this, you do not have enough bandwidth".

I have no idea what this means! Computer idiot here:(