Anyone Else Watch "Gray's Anatomy?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was shocked at last night's episode. It was a tense, serious situation and, all of a sudden, they broke out in song. Good grief! They should change the name to, "Glee's Anatomy!" The music itself was good as was the singing but it just didn't belong together unless one likes lite opera. I only kept watching to see if Callie and her baby would make it. It will run over into next week and I'll bet they keep on singing their way through tragedy. What's wrong with the producers? Are ratings dropping and this is a desperate attempt to get the "Glee" crowd or is this some producer's attempt at a new musical/drama genre? I don't like it.

For anyone who did like it, I'm sure the music and singing were a pleasure. It's just not for me.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The idea that Callie's spirit was outside her body as I've heard this often happens when someone is badly injured or in a coma. It's just that dramatic shows are not musicals and I'll bet not many of us like their turning them into "Glee."

I really like "Gray's Anatomy," as well as other dramatic series on TV. The story lines are usually well done but the music only detracted from it. I also hope they never do this again. Yikes!

Love, Mikie
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

as I was randomly flicking through the channels. I paused long enough to see what was going on; to absorb the ridiculousness of the singing in what seemed like a very serious storyline when my husband started complaining, "Get this off!!! Get it off right now!! I can't stand this!!" So I changed the channel, and that was that. But I couldn't help but be reminded of 'Cop Rock'. Does anybody remember THAT trainwreck?

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Don't remember that show. I'm laughing, thinking about your hubby's reaction. If I hadn't wanted to see what happened, I would have turned it off too.

Love, Mikie