Anyone else with added Dental problems??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jaden, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Jaden

Jaden New Member

I have always had bad teeth, had a full upper denture by 23. My bottoms have not been near as bad......at least not until now.

Since this last flare up my teeth have rotted so fast that even the dental surgeon can't believe it. He thinks it is due to the immune problems related to fibro(I was shocked to find a dentist familure and knowledgable) and also from the dry mouth my meds have given me.

I am awaiting a date for surgery to have all 12 teeth on the bottom pulled.

I am in major pain and can't take narcotics as they give me major stomache pains and nausea.

Has anyone else had this type of problem??

Joanne
  2. GettSmartt

GettSmartt New Member

Since I started these new meds last year I have had parts of two molars crack off and I have had to get two crowns. The meds add to my dry mouth too. I'm never without a glass of water by my side -- and when I go out in the car with my husband I always take a water with me too. I HATE taking thing drugs!!!!!
  3. Lovinkeno

Lovinkeno New Member

Joanne,

I've also had major dental problems but hadn't associated the problem itself with the fibro. My teeth have never been in great shape but in the past few years they've been rotting, breaking, etc. really bad.

In the past few months I've had to have teeth removed two different times and each time ended up with a terrible infection that left me paralyzed in pain for 2-3 weeks. I was just assuming that my fibro pain sensitivity was to blame for the heavy pain reaction but it never occured to me that the fibro could also be responsible for the tooth problems to begin with...duh! lol I'm 35 and now in the process of having a couple of bridges put in but figure that by the time I'm 40 I'll have full dentures.

Tracy
  4. DemiMorgue

DemiMorgue New Member

please tell me ~ which meds are you taking that you believe contributed to this??
  5. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I too tend to question the meds. I have had teeth problems every since I was a kid. I have a full set of dentures, which by the way I got long before the onset of this illness. I know it's always better to try and save your teeth, but, getting my dentures was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. No more dental pain. I wish you luck and don't want to scare you, but, the lower dentures were much, much harder to adjust to. Be patient. Tulip

[ advertisement ]