Anyone else with bladder control problems???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Apr 23, 2003.

1. dd

dd New Member

This has really gotten to be a very big problem for me lately. If I don't go to the bathroom right away when I feel the urge...well, let's just say that I need diapers. This is really getting embarrassing. I know that women get weakened bladders after having babies and I have had 3...youngest is 9...but this URGENCY is getting really hard to control. As a matter of fact there is no controlling it.

Anyone else have this problem. I have not started any new meds or anything like that.

Thanks everyone. This is so embarrassing to even ask about.

Debbie
  2. rabbitstoo

rabbitstoo New Member

Debbie,

I certainly understand what you are saying as I have had this same problem for several years. I understand it to be along the same lines as Irritable Bowel except it is Irritable Bladder. I was put on Levsinex (there is a generic but I don't know how to spell it) for the Irritable Bowel and Irritable Bladder problems and it helps but doesn't completely control the urgency problem with the bladder. I haven't had any babies so I can't blame mine on that. The only way I can control mine is that if I even think I have to go to the bathroom, I go right then. Otherwise it is a problem that only diapers could help. I hope this helps - at least you aren't alone in this problem.

Susan
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Yes, I have had this problem for a couple of years now. I went from wearing Maxi Pads, (Pre-Fibro-until they were not sufficient) to wearing diapers. I wear them 24 hours a day. I have no control, and if I didn't wear them I would be housebound, not to mention endless changes of clothes. Wearing the diapers although an embarrassment at times, sure is better than a homebound life. Besides after this much time has passed, its really not as embarrassing as it was initially. I had four children. I was told that surgical correction without a hysterectomy is non productive.
    Best wishes,
    LL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2003]
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have to pee at least 20 times per day since I got FMS. I have not wet myself yet, but have caused myself to have tachycardia from trying to hold it. It hurts! I have a cystocele, which probably makes it worse.
    Have you tried Kegel exercises? I would committ to a couple of months of doing Kegel's several times daily before resorting to surgery.
    You can do a websearch and find out how to do them...it's easy and you can do it while you are sitting at the computer.
    Klutzo
  5. jka

jka New Member

i have to go almost every hour.and when i have to go-it means now!i even get up during the night 2-3 times.trust me there have been alot more embarrasing questions then this one.

kathy c
  6. charlie47

charlie47 New Member

IN fact I go in for surgery may 14 for second bladder surgery. Dr going to do different procedure. Caffeine is hard on your bladder also. I had to cut caffeine which has helped me some, but now I need this surgery again. You may have stress urinary incontinence, but I would check with your dr. There are some meds that can help, but I'am not a dr. just had lots of problems in that area. Good luck charlie47
  7. kadeedidit

kadeedidit New Member

My daughter has this problem and her doctor has her on Ditropan and it works. Might ask your physician about it. She can't live without it. You just take one of a morning and it helps her control the frequency and the urgency.....its worth a try......Good luck.....HUGGLES......KADEE